Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Southpaw'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michaeltru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 4:42am
Very cool. Thanks for sharing. Good memories
Mike in AZ
mikec4193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikec4193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 11:58am
Love seeing the younger folks still getting involved with the sport...makes me think there is a great future for these old Jeeps...

thanks for sharing...

MikeC
I am the squirrel....
GJCJs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJCJs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 1:45pm
Proud for ya both Roc! Hope to see both “the boy” and Southpaw this fall!

Greg
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2023 at 1:06pm
Well bad news... after realizing that the serial number plate it was registered with is actually in the range of '47 production not only have the winds left my sails on what it is......well, its a Lefty with a wrong serial number basically.

Still calling it a '48 because....
*that's what it is
*that's what is registered as in Alabama
*that's what my YOM license plate is

Anybody got a junk Lefty for sale?

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2023 at 1:36pm
Well, I had one that was pretty close to that, but the sickness set in, and now, after the addition of a lot of parts and the expenditure of a lot of work, it’s coming around to being a pretty nice jeep. 
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2023 at 2:15pm
I wouldn't need much of one to build another one....basically just that part of the cowl/firewall that the serial number plate screws to then I think I have enough parts to build it into a Lefty. LOL Embarrassed

Not gonna sweat it much.... (doubt that this is the only jeep in the US registered as a  '48 that is actually a '47 or vice versa ).....building another one I mean. This one is fine for me and the grands...one of 'em has already learned to 'drive a stick' with it, it was just a downer that for all 'registering  purposes its a 1947 with a Lefty body on it.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123