Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stan is even more Famous

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stan is even more Famous
    Posted: 24 Jan. 2023 at 8:41pm
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan. 2023 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Joe Friday Joe Friday wrote:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/old-jeeps-don-t-need-big-lifts-trick-powertrains-to-conquer-tough-terrain/ar-AA16HviQ?cvid=4d59dfd8d03d40c7b0d5c7f8cbc3b1c6

Is this new, or did I miss it?

Hah. I've never heard of this publication and the main article and one of the two linked in the acticle both have me as the cover. And the video they reference I just barely posted yesterday. 

Edited by smfulle - 24 Jan. 2023 at 11:36pm
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2023 at 12:58am
So someone is ripping off your photos and videos? I would be very pissed. This is your property Stan. I would contact them for your cut. As they sure aren't producing this for nothing.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
lhfarmbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2023 at 6:45am
Originally posted by Mark W. Mark W. wrote:

So someone is ripping off your photos and videos? I would be very pissed. This is your property Stan. I would contact them for your cut. As they sure aren't producing this for nothing.
I agree.  This guy has all sorts of ads plastered everywhere.  Doesn't look like a hobbyist just trying to have fun.  I find this very distributing that he has used your likeness twice without permission.

I think this is still part of the copyright wild west.  I spent a year trying to make sure I could post a 1949 movie.  I never did get a straight answer.  What I did get was some guy stealing it the minute I posted it. I regret not getting a copyright, even though I had planned to share it freely.

I always ask for permission, even if it is information posted on this board.  It doesn't take that much work.

Barry
https://www.farmjeep.com/
Ron D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2023 at 8:08am
When you post something on YouTube, do you "own" it?

Do you own photos or videos (or ideas) that you post on this forum?

Just asking.........
1951 M38
1951 M100
lhfarmbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2023 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Ron D Ron D wrote:

When you post something on YouTube, do you "own" it?

Do you own photos or videos (or ideas) that you post on this forum?

Just asking.........
Google is your friend here.  The short answer is you do own created content, BUT under the policies and conditions set by YouTube.
Barry 
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2023 at 10:06am
Originally posted by lhfarmbt lhfarmbt wrote:

I agree.  This guy has all sorts of ads plastered everywhere.  Doesn't look like a hobbyist just trying to have fun.  I find this very distributing that he has used your likeness twice without permission.

I think this is still part of the copyright wild west.  I spent a year trying to make sure I could post a 1949 movie.  I never did get a straight answer.  What I did get was some guy stealing it the minute I posted it. I regret not getting a copyright, even though I had planned to share it freely.

I always ask for permission, even if it is information posted on this board.  It doesn't take that much work.

Barry

Meh.
I don't get to excited about this stuff. Takes a lot to get me wound up. For sure, I'd rather be asked, but with social media, any publicity is good publicity. The views on the video he referenced in this article increased x 10 overnight after this article came out. That pays me. I'm happy to be noticed for having fun with my flatty.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2023 at 10:20am
And I can still say I know Stan and rode with him at Moab BEFORE he was famous...
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2023 at 10:33am

And I can still say I know Stan and rode with him at Moab BEFORE he was famous...

And really, before I knew much about driving off road. Not that I know much now, but I've seen a few trails since then.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2023 at 11:28am
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!
Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
teardrop camper: https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=201740
lhfarmbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2023 at 11:59am
Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

Originally posted by lhfarmbt lhfarmbt wrote:

Barry

Meh.
I don't get to excited about this stuff. Takes a lot to get me wound up. For sure, I'd rather be asked, but with social media, any publicity is good publicity. The views on the video he referenced in this article increased x 10 overnight after this article came out. That pays me. I'm happy to be noticed for having fun with my flatty.
This article showed up in my Google News feed this morning.  While I agree that any publicity (can be) good, I think you are giving this guy plenty, without so much as a thank you.  I'm not asking you to get upset,  I'm sure if he had asked you would have said "sure".  Maybe I'm just old, but it is just another lack of good manners and respect for others.

Anyway, I'm happy for you and its all good.  I'll try to stop being an old grump, at least for today.

Barry
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2023 at 12:27pm
I once had a guy steal a couple of my photos to use on an eBay ad he made the mistake of going the lazy way and just using a link to my photos. Once discovered I changed the photo at the end of the link to one of my personal exhaust chute nice and close up. LOL needless to say he took down the ad I am sure after eBay screamed and yelled at him a while.

As photography has been one of my main hobbies (I have also been a paid photographer many many times with 38 photos published in National Magazines and a dozen or so in Newspapers) I'm always sensitive to protect my work. Thats why almost everything I post here is hosted on a site I control and I use links to put the photos on the page.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2023 at 12:46pm
I'm wondering who will play Stan in the movie. Maybe we can get Alec Baldwin to do it--- in like 18 months. Jeff should start working on a soundtrack.

Edited by drm101 - 25 Jan. 2023 at 12:50pm
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Mud Hen"
The less the Power the More the Force
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2023 at 1:22pm
I'm thinking Kevin Costner would be a better actor for Stan's movie.  He's quietly confident, not easily offended, but very determined to do it his way once he gets set on something.  That would be Stan.  He quietly listens to those who would tell him his old Jeep could never drive over an obstacle, then he slides behind the wheel, fires it up, and just does it like he's out for a Sunday drive to the park. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2023 at 9:14am
You're right. It has to be Kevin. We'll need a love interest. 
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Mud Hen"
The less the Power the More the Force
dasvis View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2023 at 11:53am
I vote Sofia Vergara

1947 CJ2A #88659 "Rat Patrol"
1953 CJ3A #453-GB1 11266 "Black Beauty"
1964 Thunderbird convertible
..... & one of them moves under it's own power!!
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2023 at 12:13pm
Are you trying to tell me that Stans Jeep needs airbags?
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2023 at 12:54pm

Are you trying to tell me that Stans Jeep needs airbags?

Shocked
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>