Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stan’s Instagram vids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2020 at 3:35pm
Here’s an optional, obstacle that I thought I had no chance of making. If you listen closely as we approach the obstacle you can hear me say “this is silly!” 

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2020 at 7:11pm
Here’s 4 flatties on The Wall obstacle on Steel Bender in Moab.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
SnorriS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnorriS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug. 2020 at 10:35pm
Just have to tell you, that in my conversations with suppliers this week for lockers, one of them asked me what was going on with Willy's owners? They were flooded with phone calls about lockers to fit CJ2a's, when they normally don't get but one call on them every 6 months or so. I can only attribute it to the viral spread of the video of you on The Golden Crack and the rest of the videos you are posting.

While I was not on the fence, it caused me to hit "Order Now" before the right Lock-rites were gone!
48 in process
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug. 2020 at 12:46am
Originally posted by SnorriS SnorriS wrote:

Just have to tell you, that in my conversations with suppliers this week for lockers, one of them asked me what was going on with Willy's owners? They were flooded with phone calls about lockers to fit CJ2a's, when they normally don't get but one call on them every 6 months or so. I can only attribute it to the viral spread of the video of you on The Golden Crack and the rest of the videos you are posting.

While I was not on the fence, it caused me to hit "Order Now" before the right Lock-rites were gone!

Don’t think I can take all the credit for that but I am pretty sure I helped to sell a set or two.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2020 at 4:36pm
Here I’m delivering some sage and valuable advice on how to drive down the “Steps” on Black Bear Road.
Be sure to turn on the sound to get the full impact of this lesson.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2020 at 4:58pm
You'all convinced me about the Locker. Detroit 4Fest is coming up Sept 12. We'll see how it does there. They built a mini slickrock obstacle. Should be interesting.
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Mud Hen"
The less the Power the More the Force
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2020 at 4:25am
Originally posted by drm101 drm101 wrote:

You'all convinced me about the Locker. Detroit 4Fest is coming up Sept 12. We'll see how it does there. They built a mini slickrock obstacle. Should be interesting.

Look forward to hearing how you do.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug. 2020 at 12:17am
Here’s Jeff (Jpet) in Bam Bam along with Ted’s dog Oliver enjoying the view from the Shaffer Switchbacks.

Edited by smfulle - 29 Aug. 2020 at 11:33pm
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2020 at 3:11pm
Went to the Idaho Vintage Jeep Rally this weekend. This is from the 2nd day where we did a little more challenging activity on the volcanic rocks of the Shelly Rocks area.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug. 2020 at 6:17pm
More lava rock rolling at the Idaho Vintage Jeep Rally.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug. 2020 at 4:00pm
Just a couple of flatfenders crossing a volcanic crevasse at the Idaho Vintage Jeep Rally.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug. 2020 at 11:40pm
I got a bit of an e tra thrill coming down these steps in Pritchett Canyon.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2020 at 12:58am
That was only a little close call.  A second or so.  No big, right?  Shocked
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep. 2020 at 3:11pm
Slow drag in the parking area above Potato Valid Hill.
Seems that even with T90c and Tera Low gears, Grampa's jeep is way outclassed in this competition.
Rules are, slowest jeep wins. No touching the brakes and stall out disqualifies.
jeff and Ward managed to make it a very exciting photo finish.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2020 at 6:50am
Looks like Jeff was cheating there for a bit, pulling back on Bam Bam.  Big smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Johnnygeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnnygeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep. 2020 at 6:50pm
OK....Well, I, for one am annoyed! Wink
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep. 2020 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

Looks like Jeff was cheating there for a bit, pulling back on Bam Bam.  Big smile

well, if you look at the rules quoted below, there is nothing requiring a driver in the jeep at all times. 
There may have to be a meeting of the rules committee, but as the current rules are comprised, Jeff was not disqualified for not keeping his hands on the the wheel or his behind in the seat.

"Rules are, slowest jeep wins. No touching the brakes and stall out disqualifies."
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep. 2020 at 7:51pm
Ok, I have to ask...

How long are the judges willing to hang around to witness a given race? 

I could imagine a really sloooowwwww race that might span weeks or months....  :)
Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
teardrop camper: https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=201740
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>