Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - Your project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Started Teardown On My Bantam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2011 at 12:05am
Well, I installed the trailer tarp on the trailer and it does not fit!  Why?  I don't know but as you can see from the pictures, IT'S TOO SHORT!  I'm now looking for any suggestions.  What can I do at this point?

The OD tarp was purchased for the M416 and it did fit that but I later went with a different set up.  The tarp is brand new but as you can see it won't be too much of use for me on this setup.  I bought the tarp for $150 (including tax and shipping).  Would I be able to get that out if I decide to sell it?

Once a Marine!, Always a Marine!, Semper Fi! - Combat Wounded Vet, Desert Storm/Desert Shield - Persian Gulf 1992

E-mail: canorisa@msn.com

1940's Bantam T3-C
P8106jr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8106jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2011 at 1:29am
They did not have bows!  7" rise will shorten the the length by14"s + I am having a chuck wagon cover made by Black Dog Designs in Mt. Idea AR.  They have done a lot of miltary covers for Bill Barnes. He owns over 30 War II, Korean and Vietnam error Militray vechiles.  When I get it back in a month or so, I will post pictures.  They are very reasonable.  Weebe Webbings can make them out of OD.  and they will make it work with the Bows.
Jamie Powers

Houston TX

1963 CJ3

Bantam T3-C Year unknown

www.haflatfenders.com
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2011 at 2:14am
Jamie:

Would you be able to put me in touch with Black Dog Designs?  I'm very much interested in the chuck wagon setup.  Just out of curiosity, what dimensions did you give them so that they can make your cover?  What material is it going to be?

I checked with Weebe Webbings but thought they were too high so I didn't go with them.  Can you shoot me an email if you don't want to post here?  I would truly appreciate that very much.

Joel
Once a Marine!, Always a Marine!, Semper Fi! - Combat Wounded Vet, Desert Storm/Desert Shield - Persian Gulf 1992

1940's Bantam T3-C
Night0wl View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night0wl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2011 at 2:31am
Hey Joel,
Nice job on the bows.
I don't know about the covers but from the looks of things that cover would fit without the bows as Jamie said.
By the way if you want to get rid of that cover let me know.
I will take it off your handsBig smile
Night0wl
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" Jim Elliot
45 CJ-2A
My Project
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2011 at 2:54am
NightOwl:

Thanks for the complements.  I do appreciate that and Yes, I do know that the cover will fit without the bows on it but I want those bows on it SO I'm willing to sacrifice that cover to get the one I can use with the bows.

Well, I did paid $150 for it so I'm willing to let it go for that amount and I will ship it FREE to your location.  You tell me.  As you can see from the pics, the cover is brand new.  I never did use it on the M416 and is the first time I have lay it on the Bantam.  It had been kept a box inside the trailer and never used.  Let me know if you are interested and we can work something out for sure.

Joel

1940's Bantam T3-C
Longhunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2011 at 2:02pm
If nightowl doesn't want it.... I DO.

I'm second on the list.

Mike in Mississippi
2006 Jeep Rubicon
1946 CJ2a #49667
1946 Bantam T3-C #7909
1 UNDERSTANDING Wife

"2 wrongs don't make a right but 3 rights will make a left".... Gallagher
Night0wl View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night0wl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2011 at 2:53pm
PM sent
Night0wl
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" Jim Elliot
45 CJ-2A
My Project
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2011 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Longhunter Longhunter wrote:

If nightowl doesn't want it.... I DO.

I'm second on the list.

Longhunter...I have been in touch with NightOwl and he seems interested but if he does not want it then I'll give you a holler.

Joel

1940's Bantam T3-C

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2011 at 1:21pm
Thanks Joel.
Mike in Mississippi
2006 Jeep Rubicon
1946 CJ2a #49667
1946 Bantam T3-C #7909
1 UNDERSTANDING Wife

canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb. 2011 at 12:36am
Longhunter/Mike:

NighOwl/Dave has decided to back away from the sale of this OD canvas tarp so it is still available if you are still interested.  Let me know.

Joel

1940's Bantam T3-C
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb. 2011 at 9:00pm
FINALLY!!! THE COUSINS ARE TOGETHER ONCE AGAINWinkTongueLOL

1940's Bantam T3-C

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb. 2011 at 12:02pm
Nice looking family of trailers!

Oh, BTW, PM sent.

Mike in Mississippi
2006 Jeep Rubicon
1946 CJ2a #49667
1946 Bantam T3-C #7909
1 UNDERSTANDING Wife

Night0wl View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night0wl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb. 2011 at 8:56pm
Hey Joel,
Do both of your trailers have the same chain hook?
Whre did that hook come from?

Night0wl
45 CJ-2A
My Project
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb. 2011 at 9:19pm
Dave...good eye! my friend.  Yes, those chains and hook do not belong to the Bantam.  They belong to a M416.  I had a spare chains that I had swapped with someone else on a different build.  Anyways,, the original chains to the Bantam I have with me sandblasted and powder coated black.  I'll keep them just in case I decide to swap those chains at a later time.

Why?  Are you in need of some chains?  Just asking Tongue

Let me know,

Joel

1940's Bantam T3-C
Night0wl View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night0wl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb. 2011 at 9:55pm
My chains are the early style chains with the large hooks on the end.  Like the military ones.
Mine are pitted pretty bad.  I haven't made a good assesment of what I am going to need or if I will be replacing them. 
I really need to stop all my "looking" for Bantam stuff and concentrate on my Willys.
You have a good looking pair of trailers there my friend.
Night0wl
45 CJ-2A
My Project
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb. 2011 at 10:57pm
Dave:

That's too funny but understandable.  Once you begin looking for parts for the Bantam there is no telling when you are going to stop.

Look at me, I thought I was done with my Bantam but now I'm looking at finishing the side rails and getting that "chuck wagon" style cover for it and I think I have found the company that will make my cover thanks to another friend on this web site. 

Once I get it all done I will post pictures so stay tuned and keep on working on your Bantam.  It's a lot of fun once you start.  And please do post pictures of your progress.  I would like to see what you are working with.

Joel

1940's Bantam T3-C
Night0wl View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Night0wl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2011 at 1:48am
Night0wl
45 CJ-2A
My Project
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2011 at 2:48am
Wow, Dave, I had say you have your work cut out for you.  Are you going to have it sandblasted?  What color are you going to give it?  Looks like everything is there including that nice Arrow tail light.  Are you going to keep it with just the one tail light or are you going to add the other one too?  How's the floor?  I couldn't see it that well.

Well, it's a project but it could be fun.

Joel

1940's Bantam T3-C
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>