Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Starter and Generator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KC2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starter and Generator
    Posted: 19 Nov. 2018 at 2:19pm
Looking for a 6 volt starter and generator for my 48 2A.  Anybody have some around they are willing to part with?
OldJeepBob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldJeepBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov. 2018 at 11:50pm
I have a gen out of my '46 that I had rebuilt to factory specs by Star Electric.  I have $200 in it, and would let it go for $225 plus shipping from 30576. (Sucker is HEAVY). And, no core charge.
OldJeepBob
REPS
jeep2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov. 2018 at 12:00am
I have a six volt starter.Unsure if it works. Never used it and was told it works.$150 plus shipping. Are you on Facebook??  https://www.facebook.com/Parting-out-CJ2a-Willys-227457904341009/?ref=bookmarks
I love my jeep! Especially when it is running!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldJeepBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2018 at 10:34pm
Graham:
I have nothing from my Thursday email.  Have you bailed?
Bob
REPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldJeepBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2019 at 11:05pm
BAD CONDUCT by member.  Graham Nelson, db/a KC2A, on November 25, 2018, agreed to buy the advertised generator.  After a series of excuses he has gone completely quiet, and reneged.  I wasted two months and a good deal of time getting shipping quotes.  So, be advised when dealing with this man!

Oh, THE GENERATOR IS BACK ON THE MARKET.
REPS
harvey45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harvey45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2019 at 11:34pm
Maybe it was hard for him to say he didn’t want it or couldn’t afford it.  Maybe you were too pushy which is a turn off for lots of people.  Saying no is hard
That deal was between you and him. I personally didn’t see you mention your full name.  
Just suck it up and move on.
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2019 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by OldJeepBob OldJeepBob wrote:

BAD CONDUCT by member.  Graham Nelson, db/a KC2A, on November 25, 2018, agreed to buy the advertised generator.  After a series of excuses he has gone completely quiet, and reneged.  I wasted two months and a good deal of time getting shipping quotes.  So, be advised when dealing with this man!

Oh, THE GENERATOR IS BACK ON THE MARKET.

A bit of advise!, you can ship your generator, or starter, or both at the same time in a USPS Large flat rate box for $20.

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldJeepBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan. 2019 at 7:14pm
@harvey 45.  Lots of suppositions in your post, none of which are present here.  I did hear from KC2A AFTER this post.  I have moved on ("The generator is back on the market"), and as you so eloquently put it, have "sucked it up and moved on".  I only posted as an FYI, so people, of which you may be one, could avoid entanglement.
Robert E. Price, Sr.
OldJeepBob
REPS
harvey45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harvey45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2019 at 2:18am
Thanks for the information. I will personally remember not to buy anything from you. 
No money changed hands just shelve space on your end. Next time don’t wait so long kindness does not agree with you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldJeepBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2019 at 6:17pm
harvey45.  Again, you are making suppositions; Nelson and I had six communications in the interim, none indicating he did not want the generator.  The best was "I can't deal with this as I am in the south Pacific buying Jeep parts.  I will deal with it when I return"!  Again, I have the benefit of being a lawyer and law professor, which you obviously are not.  The two months were to try to allow Nelson to do the right thing.  Now worries about me selling to you, as you think this transaction was just a "feel the other guy out", and one could not be certain of your intent.  And I am selling a few odds and ends from CJ's while I finish my '43 MB for Memorial Day.  Selah.
REPS
 Post Reply Post Reply