Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > CJ2A Page Member Created Parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Steering Bell Crank

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steering Bell Crank
    Posted: 11 Apr. 2016 at 1:39pm
I now have available a repair for the worn out ball on the CJ2A Bell Crank. I machine down the worn ball to a post, machine a new ball out of pre hard alloy steel, press it onto the post, and then weld the top so that it can't come off. It's as strong as the original because I don't machine past the original minor diameter at the bottom of the ball.

The price is $120 (with exchange of your old one) shipped to your door in the continental US. I will ship outside of continental US but will have to quote shipping for that. If you don't have a core to exchange, then I charge an extra $50. If your core is worn into the minor diameter at the bottom of the ball it is unusable and no core credit will be refunded.

If you would like your 'original to your jeep' Bell Crank repaired, I am willing to do that for an extra $75... the extra cost is to cover setting up the machines special for your single one piece run. Otherwise I run them in batches of 10 when I accumulate enough cores to keep the costs reasonable.

Edited by Joe DeYoung - 15 Oct. 2017 at 6:27am
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

mullen46cj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mullen46cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr. 2016 at 12:24am
Email sent through this forum.
Advise if you do not get it and I will send PM
Bruce Mullen   Harrisville, WV       

46 CJ2A column shift SOLD 07-15
48 CJ2A with Newgren lift
55 CJ5

Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr. 2016 at 12:41am
  That's great, Joe! I had it in mind to do something like that, but I don't have the equipment to do it with, and wasn't sure quite how to go about it if I had. Thanks for doing this. I don't need one right now, but if I have a spare worn bellcrank, I might have you do one for me anyway, for the future.  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
mickeykelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2019 at 4:29am
Are you still doing this?  For the wagons?
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2019 at 5:32am
Yes, I'm still doing 2a bell cranks. I'm not real familiar with the wagon steering system and didn't know it had a bell crank. I have repaired the wagon sector pitman arms for Willys America. If that's the part you need, then they have a repaired arm on the shelf for you. 

Edited by Joe DeYoung - 06 Feb. 2019 at 1:18pm
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2019 at 12:25pm
Joe its actually a Pitman Arm that has the ball. There is a guy over on the oldwillysforum.com site and was telling him how you repaired the 2A Bell Cranks.

Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2019 at 1:17pm
Yes, I miss spoke. Post corrected. Thanks Art.
Joe DeYoung

Fyrwise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fyrwise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 6:39am
Hello, do you still offer this bell crank ?  I have a 1947 cj2a that n a new/reconditioned bellcrank. Sine it’s now 2020 and I s this on a older post thought I should ask.  Please let me know. Thank, R. Scott
Bob S.
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 2:50pm
Yes, I still offer them. Pm sent.
Joe DeYoung

Brad P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep. 2020 at 10:54pm
Good afternoon, I'm looking to have a bell crank repaired. I tried to msg you Joe to avail, so I'm trying here.

Thanks in advance,
 Brad
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep. 2020 at 11:12pm
Joe is out Jeepin this week. You might try next week
Brad P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep. 2020 at 11:57pm
Awesome, thank you for the heads up.
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep. 2020 at 12:18am
No problem. Ask him about the dust shield on his rear axle...

He was driving his CJ2A on Chinamans Gulch trail in Colorado and the noise was buggin him so much he removed it...
 Post Reply Post Reply