Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Steering box cover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bsumudd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steering box cover
    Posted: 11 June 2019 at 2:07am
Anyone have a line on the steering box cover? Mine was either cracked when I bought it, or I cranked down too hard when putting it back together. Either way, mine is cracked and won’t hold oil.   I have tried penetrating welds on the outside, but can’t seem to seal it.  If none are available, might try to epoxy; thoughts?  
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2019 at 4:33am
Welcome to the page, Bsumudd!  The covers are around; keep looking, you'll find one.  Thumbs Up
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Bsumudd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bsumudd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2019 at 12:49pm
Gents,

After much searching, I found one at Willys works out of AZ.  Hope that helps someone with a similar problem.  

James
FarmJeep99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarmJeep99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2019 at 1:25am
Are you talking the entire Ross box or just the cover?  I have a Ross box that needs rebuilt.  I’d take )25 and you pay shipping
Bsumudd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bsumudd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2019 at 10:54am
I am good now.  Finally found the part.  Thanks though

Post Reply Post Reply