Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Still around

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WVCAHILLBILLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Still around
    Posted: 09 Jan. 2021 at 2:52am
It's been a couple years since I last posted but I have sneaked in a look once in awhile. I still have my original 46 CJ2A and plan on holding onto it to pass on to our daughter even though I can no longer drive. My spinal issues had advanced in June 2018 to the point that I no longer could walk. I can get around some what better now. Enjoy your jeeps while you can guys
Joe
46 CJ2A 29385 Gumby
"We shall pass this way on Earth but once,if there is any kindness we can show, or good act we can do, let us do it now, for we will never pass this way again."Stephen Grelle
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2021 at 11:08am
You can take the boy outta the Jeep, but you can't take the Jeep outta the boy LOL
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2021 at 3:43pm
Wow, sorry for your plight, but sounds like your mind and heart are in the right place, and it is good to leave something that was important to you for your daughter to enjoy or just look at and remember things.

Our bodies begin to betray us if we live long enough. I learned to drive in flat fender Jeeps more than 50 years ago, and owned three of them between mid 70s through late 90s. The last one I built was 30 years ago, and I have regretted selling it 20 years ago. I hadn't touched one again until a couple of years ago when I spotted an old CJ2A with a sign on it sitting beside the road I drove going to work. 

My wife sure had a surprise at the new yard art when she got home that day

I am now 65 with bad knees, arthritis in my shoulders, failing eyesight and am recovering from kidney cancer. I have trouble getting in and out of the little Jeeps nowadays, and I don't remember that ever being a problem when I was younger. Getting old sucks, but I guess it beats the alternative.

I have two project Jeeps, a 48 CJ2A nearly ready for the road and a Willys MB project which is totally disassembled. I realize I may not finish both of them while I am still able to drive, but two of my 12 grandkids have already shown a lot of interest in these, so I plan to finish them whether I will get to drive them much or not. 
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
 Post Reply Post Reply