Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - Tech Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stolen Fuel Door

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hazelann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stolen Fuel Door
    Posted: 18 Sep. 2020 at 1:52am
Someone stole my fuel door. Last Monday when I woke up I was surprised and really angry because someone stole my fuel door. Come on man it only cost 100 dollars from https://www.allmoparparts.com/part-make/jeep-fuel-door.html

I just left my car outside our garage and then this happened. I better install a CCTV on my place to monitor what is happening to our neighborhood and who the heck did this. I'm sure the thief will comeback to steal more. AngryAngryAngryAngry
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2020 at 1:54am
Damn i hate a thief!
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2020 at 3:14am
Having been the victim of a number of thefts over the years, I have to say that if I ever caught one in the act, I would have a hard time not making that the thief's absolute last attempt at theft.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
OnlyOneDR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnlyOneDR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov. 2020 at 5:39pm
And my wife still wonders why I insist that my Nissan stays in the garage.  Too many things that could be unbolted from it (winches, lights, spare wheel/tire, etc).

That said lighting is the probably the most effective theft-deterrent there is.  Put up an area light or if you already have lighting outside the garage put a dusk-to-dawn photo-eye on it so the lights will stay on overnight.  I have one utility pole with an LED area light in my backyard; it lights up the driveway and half the front yard.  It would be difficult to sneak around my place at night.
Searching for time to put it all together...
1950 CJ-3A #37751 In Pieces
1969 Chevy Blazer Resto-Mod Waiting for its day...
2001 Nissan Frontier Crawler Adventure Rig
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov. 2020 at 7:32pm
Buy an Arlo or similar system, they work great day or night to record and notify you of an intruder

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov. 2020 at 3:41am
Somebody got my 'Trail Rated' badge off my Wrangler at Walmart the other day......(or it just happened to fall off, yeah right)

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
duffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb. 2022 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

Somebody got my 'Trail Rated' badge off my Wrangler at Walmart the other day......(or it just happened to fall off, yeah right)

My experience with our JK suggests it just fell off.  That would be totally consistent with the rest of POS (2012 JKRU, the only vehicle I have ever attached a moniker to).
1955 3B: 441sbc,AGE 4 speed transmission, Teralow D18w/Warn OD, 4.11:1 D44's/ARB's, glass tub & fenders, aluminum hood/grill, 8274, York OBA, Premier Power Welder; 67 CJ5: 225,T86AA, D18, 4.88's, OD
 Post Reply Post Reply