Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stude-a-Willys in JP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2017 at 5:19pm
I don't know, but I may have been one of the first privileged to ride with Steven at his first Color Tour.
He even let me drive! I think he second guessed that decision a few times. The Stude-a-Willys has a really big gas pedal. If you are wearing large boots that means you may hit the gas and brake at the same time inadvertently, and the engine is stronger than the brakes.

When we wee speeding towards the stopped convoy in front of us the bright yellow Aspen leaves almost turned brown early that day.

Great Jeep, Great guy !

Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2017 at 1:12am
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

When I first met the man, he referred to his Jeep as having been worked on by Bubba.  I looked at the conversion and whoever did it was NOT a Bubba!  It's a really nice job!

I've looked this over myself, who ever did this swap was a Craftsman the mods to the firewall were done with skill, looks factory!. Great guy Mr. Rudy!, proud to call him a friend

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Tiny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2018 at 3:44am
Very cool Rudy, you are the Man.
48CJ2A
Tiny
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12