Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Suspension kits

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murphy744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suspension kits
    Posted: 01 Feb. 2023 at 9:51am
I’m ready to bite the bullet on a new suspension. Looking for input on either Kaiser, Walcks, or piece one together using St. Louis Springs? I’m not off-roading just cruising around town.
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 2023 at 10:20am
  I’ve installed several sets of Walcks’ springs and I and my customers are more than happy with them. They are USA made and very good quality. 
  I dont know about those offered by K-W. I would suspect Onix-ADA. 
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Skid Mark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skid Mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 2023 at 12:39pm
Yes mine purchased from KW are Omix made in India. 
They seem OK but I only have the krusty stock tapered leafs to compare them to. 

My only gripe is that the military wrap is oversized and interferes with the Big Willy 1/2" lift shackles. 

Edited by Skid Mark - 01 Feb. 2023 at 12:41pm
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 2023 at 1:00pm
I have the Walck's springs on my current build. No miles yet. They appear to be very good quality and I have no resevations. 

My only worry is the shocks furnished with the kit. They are barely long enough to span the gap at rest, leaving no down travel. i can only assume the springs will settle some and all will be well. 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
Rockgod1619 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rockgod1619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb. 2023 at 11:37am
I got mine from Walck's and have been very satisfied. No issues with either the springs or the shocks. 
'51 CJ3a - Papa Doc (51829)
murphy744 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murphy744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb. 2023 at 6:38pm
Looks like I’ll go ahead and place an order with Walcks 😎

Thanks for the input!
 Post Reply Post Reply