Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T 90 small parts kit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T 90 small parts kit
    Posted: 18 June 2021 at 10:15am
What brand or supplier is a good one for a small parts kit for a T90. I see some are priced a lot higher then others but dont want to get a cheaper one if its not of good quialty.
tks
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2021 at 1:06pm
I've purchased the kit from QTM Parts for a couple T90s.  They have performed flawlessly for many years.

1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
jgodfrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgodfrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2021 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Boomer Boomer wrote:

What brand or supplier is a good one for a small parts kit for a T90. I see some are priced a lot higher then others but dont want to get a cheaper one if its not of good quialty.
tks

I rebuilt my transmission and transfer case with these kits.  I was impressed with the quality.  The advice I was given by this group turned out to be true - compare what you took off to what you put back in.  There could be slight differences.  Not just because of the replacement parts, but because the age of these vehicles and the varied levels of intelligence that repaired them over the years (Bubba).
Boomer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2021 at 9:44am
ordered a kit from mid west jeep willys..   hope its a good one.
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2021 at 7:33pm
Interesting that you asked for advice on a supplier, got responses from people who have done this, then chose another supplier. So, why ask? 

Probably what you ordered is good, but I have only used the kits from QTM, or Novak so I do not know about the supplier you picked.

Hope it is a good one, please let us know. 
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
Boomer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2021 at 8:48pm
kits from both qtm adn novack were out of stock at this time..... 
Got a couple PMs from guys here that thought the choise I made were good...
 Post Reply Post Reply