Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T150 transmission rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JNight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T150 transmission rebuild
    Posted: 16 Sep. 2020 at 9:18pm
Hi. I'm brand new to this forum and am rebuilding a tremec t150. I've torn it down and cleaned it up and now am putting thing back together(with a novak rebuild Kit). I've got th first reverse hub, sleeve and synchronizers and first gear on the main shaft. Ok, after first gear goes a tabbed thrust washer they call it in the manual. After that there's a groove in which goes a lockring. Got all that on. Than after that I slide on second gear.  And than the second-third synchronizer sleeve and gear. Than theres supposed to be a lockring that sits in a groove right after that thaylt holds it all on the shaft. Well the second-third hub is covering that little groove up so I can't install the lockring. I've made sure the second-third sleeve and gear meshes with second gear so that isn't the problem I don't believe. Any help?
Thanks 
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2020 at 6:46am
No help here but welcome to the page, JNight!
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2020 at 2:01am
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

No help here but welcome to the page, JNight!

X2!

I can not help you on these non-stock modifications, try posting this in the modifications from original area below. https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/modifications-from-original_forum58.html The folks that modify their Willys on here will see the question there. They will help you.

IHTH, Cpt Logger.                 T
 Post Reply Post Reply