Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - Your project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T3-C #9704

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T3-C #9704
    Posted: 01 Nov. 2021 at 5:34am
Kinda odd calling #9704 a project, since I haven't had time to do anything with #15849 except tug it around, lol...but "the time to buy it is when you find it" LOL

Came with the landing leg, the passengers side panel is cut for a tail light... A previous refurb introduced the filler strips low down both sides.  Won't know what that's hiding until it gets stripped down, but it presents well so that isn't happening any time soon.  I'll likely just remove the decals and run it awhile Wink

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov. 2021 at 11:38am
Congratulations!   It looks good!  Does the knob work?
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov. 2021 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Rus Curtis Rus Curtis wrote:

... Does the knob work?
  It appears to function correctly, yes, but if I'm being honest I haven't dropped the hitch on a ball yet.  (It made the ride home on the big trailer).

Overall it needs a little attention short term.  Long term the bed is borderline patch vs. replacement.  The landing leg/hitch are the only goodies, the light, license plate bracket, hinges and chains have all been replaced...
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 7:24am
Finally got this one earning it's keep Thumbs Up

Cut the awful tongue jack off, replaced with the original landing leg... removed the USN tribute stickers and all the fake bullet holes... since the rear panel was already cut for the extra tail light (and done quite well, actually) I got a a pair of tail lights fully functioning and headed out to home depot.  This one will get JKU duty for the foreseable future, with loose plans to match paint and wheels to the Fiat..um...Jeep Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply