Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tag sale find...sort of.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tag sale find...sort of.
    Posted: 09 Aug. 2005 at 12:52am
I was at a tag sale, and bought a WWII folding shovel. The old-timer asked what I was going to do with it. I said "I'm going to hang it on my old military motorcycle". A woman behind me says "do you want a WWII Jeep? My husband wants to sell his". I turn back to the OLD old-timer and ask "what do you have"? Big mistake, as she was younger than the old timer, and WAS NOT his wife (although the old timer laughed). The woman seemed a bit irritated, but we continued to talk. I ended up following her to their home where the Jeep was kept. It turned out to be a CJ2A. The owner showed it to me and told me the price, but said a friend had first right of refusal. I was sure I wouldn't get to be buy it. The friend had previously bought a couple of M37 trucks, (and was probably out of room). He passed on the Jeep. I brought it home today, and have been driving around the hay meadow. It runs great.....it just doesn't stop! Time for brakes. If I figure out how to post pics, I'll do so. It's pretty original. Now I have to decide... do I keep my M38A1 or this CJ2A? Tough choice.... Hal in CT
Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug. 2005 at 7:59am

HEY MAN GOOD FIND. CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS IT MAY HELP YOU OUT. IT IS THE FASTEST WAY TO DO PICS AND YOU CAN HAVE A LINK TO YOU ONLINE ALBUM ON EVERY POST TOU PUT ON THIS PAGE BY LINKING IT IN YOUR PROFILE. GO TO WWW.MIKEGARDNER.MYPHOTOALBUM.COM IT IS REAL EASY AND IT'S FREE. I HAVE POSTED EVERY PIC OF MY JEEP AND LOTS OF OTHER CRAP. GOOD LUCK W/ YOU JEEP.

MIKE G

(SORRY FOR THE CAPS)

1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
CT CJ HAL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CT CJ HAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug. 2005 at 10:41am

Link to pics of my new CJ2A (I hope). Thanks for the tip Mike.

http://halkct.myphotoalbum.com/albums.php

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug. 2005 at 11:28am
sweet, looks good! keep it up dated and share it w/ everyone here.
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
mullen46cj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mullen46cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug. 2005 at 8:57pm

Hal,

I'll give you $50. for the Warn hubs.

Don't know if you realize what you have there - on top of a beautiful, original CJ2A, those hubs may be worth the price you paid for the jeep.

see ebay item 4565371177 for an eye opener.

Bruce Mullen   Harrisville, WV       

46 CJ2A column shift SOLD 07-15
48 CJ2A with Newgren lift
55 CJ5

CT CJ HAL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CT CJ HAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug. 2005 at 9:42pm
WoW! I was really excited there for a minute...till I saw that they received no bids  :-(  Still, a very cool accessory, I've never seen any in my days. When I get it registered and go to the local small car show, maybe I'll pop them on and see if anybody recognizes them. Hk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug. 2005 at 10:14pm
those hubs just haven't been bid on yet. they will. it'll be sick.
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
Andy S. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2005 at 5:07am
Great looking JEEP!
GaryArf View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2005 at 11:19pm
Hal, great story. this is a great feature on this site. I think we all have our story on how we got our first one, or how we found the "deal of a lifetime" and it's fun to hear all of everyone's stories. It seams you got one of those Barn Fresh country bargains. Good luck and keep us posted with the pics on your progress.
CT CJ HAL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CT CJ HAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2005 at 11:41pm
I wish I still had my first CJ2A. I traded a Buick V6 engine for it! It had NO rust ANYWHERE. It was bought from a state auction by the owner. I think it was an early one. It had the indents in the side of the body for tools, and I remember some of the parts on it were army green (one of the pedals, some stuff elsewhere too). I got unemployed and needed money eventually. I sold it, and two days later I got a new job. What a bummer!! Hal
Jerry O View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2005 at 10:52pm
Great find and nice pics Hal! I'm in CT also. Where are you located?
Several of us get together to make sure CJ-2A's are represented at car shows. Love to meet up with you.
Jerry
Cheshire
CJ-2A #11802
 Post Reply Post Reply