Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tail gate hinges ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11B40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tail gate hinges ?
    Posted: 04 May 2012 at 1:57am
I did some photo recon over at the Bantam site and what I can't figure out is how the hinges attach to the tail gate. I found reference here as to what replacement to use but as my tub is pretty messed up please tell me where and how they are positioned. The welding is no problem and I'm guessing the bottom of hinge gets welded to the rear frame. The top part has me confused. Is it inside the gate or outside when the gate is closed.
Thanks Much
Wayne
My Life, Past& Present
www.crayonmedia.com/wayne/
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 3:32am
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
11B40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 11B40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 12:42pm
Art, Now I feel like the fool. I totally missed that thread in the tech section, I only saw and printed the other thread dealing with hinge suppliers. My questions are now answered Thanks to Art and Mikes close up in that thread. My tail gate has been so beat up that the angle iron where the hinge welds to is missing. as shown below.

My Life, Past& Present
www.crayonmedia.com/wayne/
 Post Reply Post Reply