Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > How to information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tail Light Wiring harness routing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Handler1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tail Light Wiring harness routing
    Posted: 21 Mar. 2017 at 11:32pm
Good evening, I would really appreciate it if someone would send me a sketch of the routing for the Tail Light harness, just the portion from where it comes out of the boxed frame just in front of the rear cross member, rearward, to each of the tail light securement locations, thanks, don 
timcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2017 at 12:09am
Hi Don,

I just did the same routing a few months ago with mine. The routing was all based on the original harness. Here are some photos. Mind you, I have the original NACO single tail light on the driver's side only. You can see the single wire loom clamp in the second photo.

Hope this helps, Tim

1946 CJ2A #69376

Chula Vista, CA

timcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2017 at 7:03am
I'll see if I can grab a photo of the front side in the morning.
1946 CJ2A #69376

Chula Vista, CA

Handler1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Handler1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar. 2017 at 4:48pm
Thanks a million!  I wasn't sure if there was clearance between the frame rail and the tub.  I didn't want to set the tub on only to find that it was jamming the wire harness.  I was considering drilling holes through the cross member and supports, but I think I'll just stick with the original routing,  thanks again,
don
 Post Reply Post Reply