Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tailgate chain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tailgate chain
    Posted: 23 Sep. 2022 at 11:52am
Looking for some 2/0 tailgate chain ad used on Willys.
Need another 40” total of new chain for my trailer.
I already have the hooks. These chains will be a bit longer than a Willys tailgate chain. Yet looking for the same type and size of chain link. Perhaps you bought extra ???

Currently building my final F-134 powered 3B .
T98-A Rock Crawler using exclusive factory parts and Approved Special Equipment from the Willys Motors era (1953-1963)
Zero aftermarket parts

Downs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Downs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2022 at 1:12pm
Ive gotten my tailgate chains from Atwoods.  Tractor supply also carries chains in various sizes. 
1946...ish CJ2A
1976 CJ5
1995 XJ
oldtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2022 at 1:24pm
Thanks, for the idea …
Have not searched my local brick and mortar sources yet.
Currently building my final F-134 powered 3B .
T98-A Rock Crawler using exclusive factory parts and Approved Special Equipment from the Willys Motors era (1953-1963)
Zero aftermarket parts

cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2022 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by oldtime oldtime wrote:

Thanks, for the idea …
Have not searched my local brick and mortar sources yet.

It amazes me as to how often folks do not at least pick up the phone & call their local brick and mortar stores. Heck these days most stores have a web page.

Considering that the CJs were originally touted by Willys as a farm vehicle many of the, to non-farm folks, "odd ball" stuff can be found at the local farm & ranch store or at the local hardware store. Heck, even the local auto parts store have many of this "odd ball" stuff in stock, or they can get it in quickly with zero shipping charges. These sources are my first go-to places for "odd ball" stuff & most anything. I like to shop locally.
 Post Reply Post Reply