Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tale of 2 Jeeps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tale of 2 Jeeps
    Posted: 08 Aug. 2022 at 12:46am
Hello!

I'm new to the site and Jeeps.

Well, maybe just slow with Jeeps.  The yellow one in front came to the family by way of my Father-in-law.  The frame behind the yellow Jeep is mine that I have owned for around 17 years.  Moving around a bit and being separated by several time zones takes away time to work on it.  But now they are in my garage and I'm finishing some other projects as I start on these.

My current plan is to make one stock (maybe stock-ish looking).  The other one I want to build it to tackle the rubicon trail.

The yellow Jeep was running 8 yrs ago but sat in a wet basement and was locked up when we pulled it out a few weeks ago.  A few days sitting with Marvel Mystery oil and it turns over nicely.  The brakes need help as they don't work.  The clutch is not disengaging but I hope once it starts running that might change.  I'm told the transfer case may need to be rebuilt.  I drove it about the time I got the frame so 18 yrs ago or so.

The frame has a vin/title and well not sure what else.  I sand blasted it 17 yrs ago and sprayed some bed liner on it but it needs to be ground off and redone.  F-head had ice in it when I pulled it from the field all those years ago.  The transmission gear selector won't move.  I have an offset Dana 44 and CJ Dana 30 for it.  The current Dana 41 is broken.  Broken is defined by turning the yoke but the wheels is sitting still.

I'm super excited and I'm looking forward to the knowledge you the members!
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug. 2022 at 6:33am
Welcome Thumbs Up

Sorry, I gotta go with glacial LOL  Sounds like you have a great start with the yellow one, you already have the piece I can't buy at any cost... the family connection Wink  Sounds like you may have saved it-

MB
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
 Post Reply Post Reply