Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Targhee: a Moab/Rubicon flatfender build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbjeeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2019 at 6:32am
Originally posted by geasson geasson wrote:

Why are the post 1949 frames better.  I have the original frame under my 1948.

As I understand it, the CJ2A frame was changed at about midyear in the 1948 model year.  The biggest difference was a change in the frame thickness from 12 gauge to 11 gauge steel.  I think this change was made in preparation for the new CJ3A model. This new frame eliminated the gussets used to attach the front bumper used on the earlier frames. 
1953 M38A1 (His)
1963 CJ5 Mk III Tuxedo Park (Hers)
1948 CJ2A "Targhee" (Under construction: looking forward to the Rubicon and Moab)
Instagram: old_money_2a

Jeep Archeology
We Dig Old Jeeps
jbjeeps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbjeeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2019 at 10:57pm
We had another good workday today.  Started at 8:00 a.m. and finished up about 4:30 in the afternoon. Eric and Bobby cut, shaped and welded all day and when the dust settled the front truss was done, the steering ram was attached and most of the 4 link set up was tacked on. We've got another workday scheduled in a couple weeks, should have a rolling chassis when that's done.

1953 M38A1 (His)
1948 CJ2A "Targhee" (Under construction: looking forward to the Rubicon and Moab)

Jeep Archeology
We Dig Old Jeeps
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2019 at 11:41pm
You guys get stuff done and with full hydro steering Targhee is getting serious!  Nice fab work Thumbs Up
jbjeeps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbjeeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2019 at 8:09am
Originally posted by Bridog Bridog wrote:

You guys get stuff done and with full hydro steering Targhee is getting serious!  Nice fab work Thumbs Up

Thanks Brian, I'm feeling good about our progress, these guys are great to work with, very talented. Yes, I think my old arms are going to like that steering. Wink
1953 M38A1 (His)

Jeep Archeology
We Dig Old Jeeps
jbjeeps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbjeeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2019 at 9:48pm
It rolls!  Great work today.  Eric, Bobby and John were hard at it.  Eric and Bobby worked on the frame and John got started on the body work. Center crossmember designed and built, rear truss done, rear 4 link in and the body is getting closer to paint.

1953 M38A1 (His)

Jeep Archeology
We Dig Old Jeeps
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic