Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Test equipment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Test equipment
    Posted: 14 June 2021 at 4:15pm
When I got Chug started I figured I was set with my big Sears Craftsman Engine analyzer and adjustable timing light.

The timing light worked just fine. But the analyzer read rpm well off of my on board Dixco tach. For a while I wasn't sure which was closest to reality. Turns out it was the Dixco.

SO I went looking for a new Dwell Tach and found pretty sad choices. A few VOM type units that also had some Automotive tests. But nothing I wanted to spend money on and trust.

So I went to eBay and found a NOS Sears Dwell Tach unit in my price range and bought it. It should be here today.

I was just wondering what others are using. Is everyone still working with vintage equipment?
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
oldtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2021 at 4:20pm
I use an old craftsman engine analyzer and an old Penske timing light.
Currently building my final F-134 powered 3B .
T98-A Rock Crawler using exclusive factory parts and Approved Special Equipment from the Willys Motors era (1953-1963)
Zero aftermarket parts

Post Reply Post Reply