Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Testing and Support for the forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

test test test...test

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: test test test...test
    Posted: 09 Dec. 2017 at 8:57pm

Edited by mbullism - 25 Mar. 2021 at 12:49pm
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2018 at 7:58pm
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug. 2018 at 1:48am
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2018 at 11:54am
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YbXiLmsqDXE?start=12" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by mbullism - 16 Oct. 2018 at 7:07pm
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb. 2019 at 12:23pm

Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb. 2019 at 2:15pm
mbullism,

Looking at the engine picture you posted on 26 Feb 2018.  There is a small hose going from the engine head to the water pump.   Could you explain what purpose it serves or how it effects engine warm up or performance.

Thanks,
Stev
Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb. 2019 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Stev Stev wrote:

mbullism,

Looking at the engine picture you posted on 26 Feb 2018.  There is a small hose going from the engine head to the water pump.   Could you explain what purpose it serves or how it effects engine warm up or performance.

Thanks,
Stev

My understanding is that was a later feature to speed warm up and get the thermostat open sooner...  It's an M38 late 3A feature as I understand it.

That engine is an RMC M38 crate engine and the hose barb was on the water pump and the bypass hose installed to the industrial head that was on it.  I sourced an "800376" head (correct for M38s) that was originally on a 3A... the 3A head had the flat boss where the barb would go but was not drilled and tapped for it.  I installed the barb, effectively making a 3A head into an M38 head and reinstalled the bypass.

I have no real idea of it's effectiveness as a preheat as my 2A is largely a fair weather animal LOL, but at the time I was trying to keep the m38 theme as whole as possible, minus the 12v conversion.  I could have just as easily (easier) just plugged the waterpump barb

Edited by mbullism - 28 Feb. 2019 at 2:50pm
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb. 2019 at 2:54pm
You can see it here, as found in the wild ;)
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb. 2019 at 3:17pm
Thanks for the history.  I can see how it would make the engine warm up more uniformly - need more coffee to ponder this - might include it on my 1949 project with the Kaiser Supersonic - if the head is drilled for it.
Stev
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb. 2019 at 3:43pm
Interesting parallel... my SS did not have the bypass, nor the flat boss to drill and install
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb. 2019 at 3:50pm
here you can see the boss on a 3A head plugged (second from left) and the lack of a boss on the blue SS head to the right of it
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb. 2019 at 5:13pm
Mike, I think you need to collect a few more examples before you come to any rash conclusions!
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb. 2019 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A wrote:

Mike, I think you need to collect a few more examples before you come to any rash conclusions!

Lols... late MB on the end and 3A both std bore, SS at 30 over and the block far right is a "T" I think...and probably three more heads in the loft, two of them magnafluxed and surfaced Embarrassed.  The wife thinks I'm nuts, I prefer to say "prepared" LOL

ETA:  Oh, and the F head just out of frame, and a 231 even fire downstairs.  What I need is more jeeps Embarrassed
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb. 2019 at 6:38pm
Mike,

Thanks for the photos.  Nice collection L134s!  

Stev    
Stev
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec. 2020 at 11:52am
 Post Reply Post Reply