Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THAT was close, lol...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THAT was close, lol...
    Posted: 06 Sep. 2018 at 10:42pm
Sailing through a staycation, got the 2A reinspected yesterday, this morning was tinkering with this and that.  About 12:30 it's 95* and 70% humidity Confused... and I ask the Mrs. if she wants to go for a ride just for the breeze.  "can we take the pup for a dawg ice cream?" Ermm

Yes, we can take the dog for a freekin ice cream Wacko

'Bout a half hour later we pull up to the creamery to find they don't open for about an hour...side trip to go visit her stepdad... unannounced.  All this setting up the following, lol...

After a nice visit, we head for home, except upon opening the door it is pretty apparent the wispy clouds on a bright blue sky are in the process of being replaced with angry, grumbly thunderheads Stern Smile... no way we're headed north into the beast for "ice cream"... turn and burn to the south Wink.  About 5 miles into a 12 mile ride it's spitting lightly, but the decision is made to stop for gas.  Trying to get back out into traffic it's now legit raining... and all I can do is sit, and yet the initial "aw crap" turns to laughter...cut another 1/2 mile to the south and the rain lets up... and turns to small hail pellets LOL, but at least we're no longer getting wet! Another 1/2 mile to the south we're living on the edge, literally sun on the road and rain in the front yards to the north.  Pull in the drive way, swing around and back in the garage to ha-uge thunderclap followed almost immediately by a gully wash...  THAT was close-

I almost had to have dinner with the inlaws Wink
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
DonH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep. 2018 at 11:11pm
Ha! Storms went by during the last hour. Heavy lightning and thunder. I remember driving the kids around on a day like this when it started raining. Found if we huddled down and drove 30mph the rain mostly went over us. Worked great until the traffic light.

DonH
1946CJ2A
cal.bar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cal.bar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2018 at 2:22am
LOL while I hate living here in Southern California because of all the crowds, it only rains twice a year here and we get three weeks notice in triplicate

Edited by cal.bar - 07 Sep. 2018 at 4:23pm
flatfender47 View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatfender47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2018 at 2:31am
You left out the "Storm Watch" with 1/16" of rain in the forecast.
LOL
1947 CJ2A 225V6 SM420 D30 PLok/D44 D/Locker Warn OD 5:38s
Greaser007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greaser007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2018 at 3:28am
   ha _ _ _ the inlaw's got tipped-0ff you were coming over and ordered-up the rain maybe.

The wife and I were running cross-country through Nebraska with a trailer one year trying desperately to stay ahead of a mean storm, and got lucky. it was the week of the Black-Hills motorcycle rally and there were sun-burned motorcyclists everywhere. You know they were wind-burnt too.
Here in the arid west, we can get badly wind-burnt in a willys. (on pavement)
After 6-hours pavement running to get to the trail-head, i was badly wind-burnt.
The rainstorm would then be a welcome reprive.
Thanks for the entertaining laugh !
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2018 at 3:31am
Thanks for sharing!

Reminds me of some close calls over the years  (and some not so luck ones)

That was so fun,  I think I will go back and read it again. LOL
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2018 at 4:18am
Entertaining story.  I kind of feel bad for the dog.  He/she never got an ice cream.Disapprove
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
 Post Reply Post Reply