Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

the motivater!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harveynailbanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the motivater!
    Posted: 25 Mar. 2012 at 7:16pm
So my buddy shows up at the house wanting to know if i've fixed his jeep yet.the tranny leak i found was the rear output seal. no biggie pop a new one in, hardest part was the skid plate put on with wrong size bolts, pulled three of them and plate dropped on my forehead. i swear that thing rang like a school bell!

then he says jump in lets go for a ride. well it was 74 degrees and sunny, ha that was the easiest decision i've had to make in a while.  shake down cruise here we go. we take off and cruised down the beach , up thru the country, probably 50 miles all together, like little kids out lookin for freinds to come out and play. wouldnt ya know it they all had to work or weren't home. Cry  end result was now i've driven a decent 2a for the first time since Pappy taught me how to shift in a corn field, I need to get mine finished! 
We did find another bad leak on his jeep so we have to pull the tranny, but im still smilin.

cheers,

Rick
if the grass is greener on the other side, try waterin your grass.
"I hope I'm half the person that my dogs think I am"
I only do what the voices in my toolbox tell me to.
46 CJ2A 71804
 Post Reply Post Reply