Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Willys Jeep Rally 2017 Show & Swap Meet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeepchaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Willys Jeep Rally 2017 Show & Swap Meet
    Posted: 25 June 2016 at 6:37pm
Hello Guys and Gals, mark your calendars for next years event!

http://The Willys Jeep Rally 2017 !/http://www.mw-willysjeep.com/

Jeepchaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeepchaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2016 at 8:09pm
Looking forward to the WJR event in 2017

Check us out!
https://www.faceebook.com/TheWillysJeepRally/
http://www.mw-wiillysjeep.com/

Edited by Jeepchaser - 20 July 2016 at 5:47pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeepchaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb. 2017 at 12:05am
Update: Banquet guest speaker will be the founder of Vintage Truck Magazine Patrick Ertl or one of his Editors. More news to come.
ricksjeeps513 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricksjeeps513 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 4:52pm
Unfortunately, Pat Ertle will be unable to serve as guest speaker at our banquet this year.  

We have been lucky enough to secure John Engle of Hagerty Insurance to give a talk based on his many years of experience with collector vehicles of all types, including Jeeps.  He will give some serious advice on values and ways of protecting your investments, as well as some amusing anecdotes about real incidents involving collector vehicles.  You will come away from his presentation better informed as well as entertained.  

We have about 10 Jeeps with PTOs and operators lined up for the demonstrations.  If you are planning to bring your Jeep with PTO and wish to join in the demonstrations, please let us know so we can be sure to include you in the fun.  Our show is one of the very few places where you can actually use your Jeep and PTO as intended.  

As always, if you can give us even an hour of your time to help with registration, parking or traffic control, it would be appreciated.  It gives workers a welcome break so they can enjoy the show.  Just ask any of the people wearing STAFF shirts, and they can direct you where you want to help out or where the need is greatest. 

Our picnic planner, Mary, has a special surprise in store for the Friday gathering after the trail rides.  I can't imagine how the picnic could be any better, but if anyone can do it, Mary can.

Our show has so much to offer; all it needs is you!  Hug
Rick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeepchaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 4:22am
Just to more weeks until the most working jeep demos on the planet!

Cheers!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeepchaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 8:51pm

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS THIS WEEKEND (sorry about the caps copied from the website)

THE WILLYS JEEP RALLY

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

June 2 & 3, 2017

FRIDAY

9:00 A.M. VEHICLE DISPLAY & SWAP MEET AREA OPEN

11:00 A.M. TO 4:00 P.M. FOOD VENDOR OPEN FOR LUNCH

10:00 A.M. TO 3:00 P.M. REGISTRATION ROOM OPEN ON LODGE LOWER FLOOR.

10:00 A.M. LEAVE FROM FRONT OF LODGE FOR GUIDED TRIP TO WORKING JEEPS DEMONSTRATIONS AT JOHN ITTEL’S FARM ADJOINING PARK PROPERTY.

TOURS LEAVING AT 10:00 A.M., 11:00 A.M., 12:00 P.M. AND 1:00 P.M.
TOURS RETURNING AT 10:30 A.M., 11:30 A.M., 12:30 P.M. & 1:30 P.M.

4:00 P.M. LEAVE FRONT PARKING LOT FOR TRAILRIDE & PICNIC (FURTHER DETAILS TBA)

7:30 P.M. JEEP SHOW & TELL HOSTED BY JAN & PAUL PROPST IN FIRESIDE BANQUET ROOM. HAVE A GOOD TIME SHARING YOUR HUMOROUS AND/OR TREACHEROUS JEEP ADVENTURES.

SATURDAY

9:00 A.M. VEHICLE DISPLAY & SWAP MEET AREA OPEN

11:00 A.M. TO 4:00 P.M. FOOD VENDOR OPEN

10:00 A.M. TO 3:00 P.M. REGISTRATION ROOM OPEN ON LOWER LODGE FLOOR

10:00 A.M. LEAVE FROM FRONT OF LODGE FOR GUIDED TRIP TO WORKING JEEPS DEMONSTRATIONS AT JOHN ITTEL’S FARM ADJOINING PARK PROPERTY.

TOURS LEAVING AT 10:00 A.M., 11:00 A.M., 12:00 P.M. AND 1:00 P.M.

TOURS RETURNING AT 10:30 A.M., 11:30 A.M. 12:30 P.M. & 1:30 P.M.

5:00 P.M. TO 6:00 P.M. HAPPY HOUR WITH CASH BAR AT JOHNNY APPLESEED LOUNGE ADJACENT TO FIRESIDE BANQUET ROOM.

6:30 P.M. FIRESIDE BANQUET ROOM OPEN TO PARTICIPANTS WITH PRE-PAID TICKETS. GUEST SPEAKER & AWARD OF DOOR PRIZES AND RAFFLE ITEMS.

ALL SCHEDULE TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE & SUBJECT TO WEATHER CONDITIONS.

cjbilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2017 at 2:25am
It was a fun day- totally enjoyed using the jeep and the PTO for the first time. Can't wait till tomorrow!!!

Edited by cjbilly - 03 June 2017 at 2:30am
1984 CJ7
1946 CJ2A- Supersonic motor
1948 CJ2A- Ramsey DP-1 shifter,PTO,front Ramsey MX200-R winch, Newgren lift
1955 Sears Trailer
1955 CJ5- PTO/belt drive,farm weight
1954 CJ3B- trencher,front blade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeepchaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2017 at 3:21am
cjbilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2017 at 8:16pm
1984 CJ7
1946 CJ2A- Supersonic motor
1948 CJ2A- Ramsey DP-1 shifter,PTO,front Ramsey MX200-R winch, Newgren lift
1955 Sears Trailer
1955 CJ5- PTO/belt drive,farm weight
1954 CJ3B- trencher,front blade
lhfarmbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2017 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by cjbilly cjbilly wrote:

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/a-tiny-farm-jeep-gathering-in-rural-ohio-was-the-greate-1795833702

Nice article with video that just came out. Wink

A great piece and well deserved.  John and crew do a wonderful job.  He may be swamped next year.

Barry
https://www.farmjeep.com/
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2017 at 12:37pm
Hey, I looked for you guys!
Seriously, finally got to see the show and well worth the drive. Will have to check out the other pics & video as time permits, but I just finished uploading my stuff at 

Hope to see a few of you at Johnson County Park/Atterbury for the annual antique machinery (tractor) show - and a farm jeep right Barry? Guess it’s running from Thurs thru Sat this year, closed Sunday for Fathers Day. The “horse pull” is back again this year I believe Thur eve.
    1945 CJ2a 11495
lhfarmbt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lhfarmbt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2017 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by BENSH BENSH wrote:

Hey, I looked for you guys!
Seriously, finally got to see the show and well worth the drive. Will have to check out the other pics & video as time permits, but I just finished uploading my stuff at 

Hope to see a few of you at Johnson County Park/Atterbury for the annual antique machinery (tractor) show - and a farm jeep right Barry? Guess it’s running from Thurs thru Sat this year, closed Sunday for Fathers Day. The “horse pull” is back again this year I believe Thur eve.

I was able to spend a few hours at the show on Friday, most of those watching the demos.  Good time and well worth the travel.  Hope to have my jeep there next year.

I'll be at the Johnson County show.  Hope to see you and others there too.

https://www.farmjeep.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply