Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Times-a-passing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 52 M38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Times-a-passing
    Posted: 31 Aug. 2022 at 5:31pm
Yard Camping 3
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2022 at 5:43pm
Pretty soon, they will be asking to borrow the keys to the jeep.
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2022 at 5:45pm
Dang!  What's in those marshmallows?
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug. 2022 at 7:06pm
Wait until the grand kids ask for the keys to the Willys. Heck, in about six or seven years, It might be the great-grand kids wanting a Jeep ride. Thumbs Up

Time flies when you are having fun! Big smile

Edited by cpt logger - 31 Aug. 2022 at 7:08pm
General Eisenhower View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Eisenhower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2022 at 4:06pm
My baby isn't even here yet but it feels like we just found out we were having a baby, now he is due next week!
I Like Ike!
1948 CJ2a "Hefty Horse"
1994 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2016 Jeep JKU 75th anniversary edition
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep. 2022 at 8:29am
I have 6 children, youngest is 30 oldest is 50, 14 grandchildren youngest is 8 oldest is 31, and two great-grandsons ages 6 and 8.

Seems like only a little while ago when one of my grandsons was sitting on my knee helping me play a banjo while three others were strumming on ukuleles. The oldest of those three is out on his own, the next oldest is in college, his little brother a senior in high school, and the one that would climb into my lap when I played my banjo is 10 years old now, and his little brother is 8.

The two youngest of those boys and their parents are coming up tomorrow for a cookout, and those two always want to take a ride in one of my Jeeps. Before long they will be driving one around the back fields.   

Time certainly does fly, and little kids are only little a little while. Once they are grown you wonder where the time went. Spend all the time you can with your children and around a camp fire with kids ranks up near the top. 
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
 Post Reply Post Reply