Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Clubs for jeeps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Toledo, Ohio Club?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjeep1945 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2008 at 3:05am
Chad: The blanks are filling in nicely!   I've heard that Paul Brimm is in poor health, so with the weather improving, possible as high as 50 degrees, (aren't you glad to be in the south), it's definitely time for a road trip.  I have talked to a couple of guys who have visited him in the past, and both said that they went to his house, a block away, and he would hand them the keys to the buildings, warn them to take flashlights, and if they found something, just haul it up to the house or describe the items and they would "strike a deal".
They also said that he admits he has know idea what all he has.

I'll keep you posted!

Regards: Rogan
1947 CJ2A #94871

Bantam Trailer #20203
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2008 at 3:20am
I'd give him his $400 back for that flathead Ford jeep...Big%20smile  So just haul it on to your house. (would save me from going back 'into the Twilight Zone')

Edited by rocnroll - 03 Apr. 2008 at 3:22am
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
rjeep1945 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjeep1945 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2008 at 12:59am
Chad: Took the 2A for a road trip to Rudolph, Ohio and found Paul Brim.  He and several buddies were working in a complete 2A restoration, a 51 Willys truck and a Kaiser sedan.  Heck: I can't keep up on one project and thair doing three!

Paul remembers buying your 2A--AND IMEDIATLY SELLING IT TO SOMEONE WHO JUST WANTED THE ENGINE.

While I was there another guy walks in and asks Pauk for the keys to another one of his storage barns at the edge of town.  He asks that I drive him to this barn, and damm if this guy is storing 5, repeat 5, 46 2A's!  One fully restored and the other four in unrestord but solid shape, including one with an original canvas half top.   Its difficult to find one column shift and there was five of them.  This guy said non were sale and all he collectrs are column shift 46 2A's and their parts.   Buy the way, one of the 46's had a tool box between the frame rails in front of the grill.  He cleaims it was a willys approved option and it was well made.

Its going to taske a week to come down off this willys high that I got today.

Regards: Rogan Murdock
1947 CJ2A #94871

Bantam Trailer #20203
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2008 at 2:10pm
Hey Rogan glad you finally solved the riddle!! Sounds like you had alot better experience there than I did.

Kinda sad it didn't have the happy ending I would have written where I get the old jeep back but that's o.k.  Really wanted it just to see how they had adapted the motor/tranny/transfercase anyway so no big deal.

Glad you got to talk to him and have a good visit finding all the jeep 'opportunities' there.

Thanks for the followup. Thumbs%20Up

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
rjeep1945 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjeep1945 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2009 at 1:08am
Chad: Ran across our old e-mail thread and realized that I hadn't passed on the sad news that Mr. Paul Brim, of Rudolph, Ohio, passed away this last summer.  He suffered a heart attack while supervising a frame off 2A Restoration for someone in the same shop you met him at.

He had vehicles stored in sheds and barns all over the area and I have no idea what happened to them.  I heard that a couple showed up on Ebay, but I've periodically looked and found nothing.

He was a very nice man to know for such a short period of time.

Rogan Murdock
1947 CJ2A #94871

Bantam Trailer #20203
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12