Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Suggestions and Comments for the CJ2A website
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tool Loan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Cotner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tool Loan
    Posted: 26 Mar. 2021 at 9:54am
I've borrowed the grill welt tool listed on the web site, and was grateful that I was able to use the tool for just the cost of postage.  It got me thinking of all of the tools I've bought over the years that I needed quickly but may have used once or very rarely.  I suspect there are others on the site that have done the same thing.

What is the consensus of having a tool loan tab on the web site, where people could list things they need as well as things that are available?  I suspect there are many folks who would appreciate being able to borrow a tool for the cost of postage, and people who would be glad to loan a tool to someone in need.  It would also be an opportunity to educate people on the availability of specialty tools that they didn't know exist, and how to use them properly. 

The limiting factors would be postage, which would be restrictive for heavier items, as well as honesty.  If tools were not returned it would be the end of the experiment.  The experience of the grill welt loaner would inform the level of honesty within the group.
Thanks,
John Cotner
New Ulm, Minnesota
uncamoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncamoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar. 2021 at 10:56am
Interesting thought but it's hard to tell about a persons honesty. I have a few items that were "borrowed". Never saw them again.
I've borrowed a few tools but they all got returned, sometimes with me "donating" some cash.
john
 Post Reply Post Reply