Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Top Bows Bracket

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr. 2019 at 2:29pm
It's my understanding that's a common mod to allow removal of the transfer case shift lever pin.  The cover is a decent diy.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr. 2019 at 3:41pm
Yes it is.....my point being some aftermarket tubs had it and the shape of the cover itself is reminiscent of those, although it could have been copied.

Some I've seen were made like that, some were made with the M38 style full bolt in floor.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr. 2019 at 4:36pm
Thanks, got it...didn't realize that mod may have been on some aftermarket tubs Embarrassed
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
blueiyz123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blueiyz123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2019 at 1:59pm
Some more pics  What are the 4 black holes? comments welcome.

Edited by blueiyz123 - 09 Apr. 2019 at 8:46pm
blueiyz123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blueiyz123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2019 at 2:01pm
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2019 at 5:08am
Originally posted by blueiyz123 blueiyz123 wrote:

What are the 4 black holes?

I would have guessed they were for a standard gas can carrier, but the two holes on the right are too far to the right for that.  Plus, the top two aren't on the same level.  So I can't even guess what they're for.  Question
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
cdn2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdn2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2019 at 10:53pm
I still say re-pop tub. The dash, above the park brake handle, should have a small notch as well, yours does not..

Holes most likely are for a license plate.

*** Edit ***
Orig tubs also had an indent on passenger floorboard, and fender step tab.

Edited by cdn2a - 10 Apr. 2019 at 11:03pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123