Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Product Review Forum > Special Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topbows from Walcks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X47CJ2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Topbows from Walcks
    Posted: 23 June 2013 at 1:15am
I see that Walck's 4-WD has topbows for sale.  Since topbows.com doesn't seem to be back in business yet I thought maybe I'd get them from Walcks.  Does anyone have any experience with these topbows?
Tom in RI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom in RI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2013 at 4:30pm
I'm also interested to hear the feedback!  
chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 1:32am
Me too. 

Has anyone bought a set?  I'd like some feedback as well.

chris

2A #13396
hillbilly21 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbilly21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 3:26am
 THEY ARE SPOT ON ...
1946 CJ2a POW-MIA
51 M38 ORIGINAL
PRES NCFFC
www.eastcoastwillys.org
hillbillystoys.phanfare.co
russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 1:01pm
Has anyone bought as set?
Does anyone have pictures compared to an original set?

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbilly21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 1:54pm
  I GOT A SET !!  COMPARED TO JPETS  THEY ARE IDENTICAL AND  SPOT ON Wink
1946 CJ2a POW-MIA
51 M38 ORIGINAL
PRES NCFFC
www.eastcoastwillys.org
russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 3:03pm
great, any pictures comparing next to originals and jpets?

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
RSR_MK View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSR_MK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 7:59pm
I have installed 2 sets from Walcks in the last few months. Both were used with jpet's tops. Very good product.

1st one was on mine the 2nd was on my son's.
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:35pm
I ordered a set this morning, will let you guys know what they are like.

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbilly21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 1:11am
WILL POST PICTURES LINK IF I EVER GET BACK HOME..Wink
1946 CJ2a POW-MIA
51 M38 ORIGINAL
PRES NCFFC
www.eastcoastwillys.org
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2013 at 9:53pm
I ordered a set Wednesday morning, showed up sat. via fed ex. very well boxed and each piece was in its own plastic sleeve and painted flat black. All is spot on as Hillbilly said, "BUT" the loop welded to the center of the front bow for the toob that goes to the windsheild was not welded in the right position, not a big deal I will fix it. As for fit (other than the front center top bow)it was perfect, and I used my original front center piece and it fit with the new pieces perfect.

LEE
49 2A
67 M715
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2013 at 10:10pm
Here is the original center bow piece with walcks parts,

I forgot to take a picture of the loop on the front bow center, I think the bow set is a good deal, and the good folks at walcks answer the phone when you call them!. I will let Walcks know of my problem, may be just one part but also maybe others and they may want to look at other sets for trouble. This winter I may repaint them gloss black.

Happy with them,

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
zooke581 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zooke581 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2013 at 10:14pm
Nice.  Love the yellow top.  Really sets the Jeep off well.Thumbs Up
General William C. Lee Chapter of the 101st Airborne Division Association. B Btry 1/321 FA 76-78

http://va101stairborne.com
http://sundialmotosports.com
http://kalamals.com
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2013 at 2:43am
Thank you Zooke581, I purchased the top from a page member in February, and had an original bow set minus 4 pieces and unable to find the missing parts I decided to buy a new set. The yellow does look nice with the emerald green, drove it to town today and had many complements.

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
X47CJ2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X47CJ2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2013 at 11:12pm
I also have problems with the placement of the loop on the center front bow section.  It's welded on just a tad too far back and the center brace that goes to the windshield will not fit.  My original piece is bent and so it's not usable.  Guess I need to call Carl.  The rest of it is great.
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2013 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by X47CJ2a X47CJ2a wrote:

I also have problems with the placement of the loop on the center front bow section.  It's welded on just a tad too far back and the center brace that goes to the windshield will not fit.  My original piece is bent and so it's not usable.  Guess I need to call Carl.  The rest of it is great.

Exact same problem I had.

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2014 at 3:11am
Hi All,

Here are some detailed pics that Lee sent me of Walcks top bows compared to originals:

Walcks Top Bows

From what I gather, you can find a few insignificant differences if you want to pick on them but overall they are the same as the originals in fit function and appearance.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2014 at 3:22am
With the bows in place I just wondered if you guys thought the brace from the forward bow to the windshield gave you any more window farm support. I remember an earlier discussion about windshield frame strength and people wanting to hold onto or pull themselves in with the windshield frame and actually breaking part of the tube. After reading that I watched the tube flex in the windshield frame just driving down the road - and it could use a little support.

So does the center bow support help?
    1945 CJ2a 11495
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>