Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Trading Post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trade front engine plates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RA472A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trade front engine plates
    Posted: 17 Feb. 2006 at 11:45am

I have a front engine mount plate for a 2A/MB that I would like to trade for a 3A front plate (with left mount facing forward, and right one facing rear).  Located in central Wash.  Thanks.

Randy

ricksslatts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricksslatts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2006 at 11:03pm
Randy, this is Rick, I am going up to a fellas house next week and look thru his pile of parts....He may have one...Rick
Rick
RA472A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RA472A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar. 2006 at 11:05am

Hey Rick,

Let me know what you find.  I need to look at Dan's jeep again and see exactly where his engine mounts sit on his 49/50 3A that the engine goes in.  If it's a 3A made before engine 50551, then it takes the 2A/MB mounting plate.  After that, then it needs the regular 3A/M38 plate with the feet in "opposite" diretions to make room for the big, vacuum fuel pump.  I stumbled across a 49 parts book I had.  Lots of good info in it as far as part numbers.  Let me know if you ever need some part numbers.

Randy

ricksslatts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricksslatts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar. 2006 at 8:14pm

Randy, I'm going up to this fellas place Saturday, He has a lot of parts, so I am going to rummage thru his stuff. If he has one I'm sure I can get it for next to nothing. He is a nice old fella, I've given him a couple of parts in the past. so if he has one he would probably let me have it for nothing. Just want to let you know that I have been looking for a plate for Dan. Hey did you see the post on 45 2A # 913?

That was me......Rick

Rick
junker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov. 2006 at 5:10pm
just read your post if you haven't found one yet i have one. let me know.
 Post Reply Post Reply