Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trailer Identification

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kvanleuven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trailer Identification
    Posted: 23 Sep. 2014 at 10:10pm
Anyone able to identify when this trailer came from? Looking at purchasing but the guy has no clue on the value. 
canorisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canorisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2014 at 12:40am
That is a Bantam T3-C.  The "C" stands for civilian.  It is a 1/4 ton trailer.  Because of the shape is in, I would recommend offering him $200 - $400.  It's really up to you and the seller.  It is missing the tailgate, which is needed, of course.

Can't tell from the picture but how is the front end?  The A-Frame and all that.  I can only see a little piece of the landing leg, so I'm sure it has that.

You can tell is a Bantam T3-C because of the side pockets on the inside of the tub and the three hooks on the side of the side panels.  Cool find.  Good luck with the sale Tongue

Jr
Once a Marine!, Always a Marine!, Semper Fi! - Combat Wounded Vet, Desert Storm/Desert Shield - Persian Gulf 1992

E-mail: canorisa@msn.com

1940's Bantam T3-C
kvanleuven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kvanleuven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2014 at 3:19pm
I was able to purchase this trailer from my buddy. He let me buy it for less than others were offering so I am very thankful to have it. Looks pretty solid except for the floor. Any sources for new floors for these or is it something I will need to make? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kvanleuven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2014 at 4:38pm
Anyone have a tailgate they can snap pictures of so I can build one? 
Bill Norris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2014 at 9:46pm
Where in MI are you located?

Mine is in storage right now, but I might be able to get over there sometime soon.

Bill
Holy Toledo! Jeep Calendars and the Dispatcher Jeep magazine

http://dispatchermagazine.com
42 GPW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42 GPW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2014 at 1:53pm
You can get replacement floors from a number of Jeep part vendors. Ron F at G503 Jeep parts has them they run around 300.00 There are several others but Ron is great to work with. Good Luck Mike
42 GPW 81835 USA 20186310
1946 Bantam T3-C 10599 (Sold)
1991 M101A2
MVPA Member
NICMVPA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kvanleuven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct. 2014 at 2:38am
I am in Grand Rapids. Spend a lot of time in Grayling as well. 
 Post Reply Post Reply