Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trailer tail lights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weisskasten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trailer tail lights
    Posted: 28 Oct. 2022 at 10:47am
Hello to all.
Did all trailers come with just the one tail light throughout production?
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2022 at 11:30am
Assume you're asking about the Bantam trailer?  Art may have more detail.

The information I see on Arts website (including advertisements, trailer images, wiring, etc) suggest just one.

That would match the vehicles back then (I believe all early jeeps had just one tail light).  The wiring only has two prongs.

Many trailers show an additional cutout on the passenger side (mine included) to have a second tail light.  I'm using an accessory for my jeep (turn signals) so I'm keeping the second tail light on the trailer to enhance driving safety.
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
weisskasten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weisskasten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2022 at 11:40am
Ok, thank you!   Doing the usual "what year is this bantam t3c" game because of the missing data plate.  
I thought maybe the dual tail light may have been a late feature.

I have deduced mine is in the 13,500-30,000 range.  Based on springs, hitch, data plate holes and remnants.    Hard to narrow it down from there.   Any ideas?
oldtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2022 at 11:54am
I have #10599 and #16842 for comparison.
So I’m guessing you have the “H” type shackles ?
Got any pics of the front of frame rails where the tub attaches ?
Currently building my final F-134 powered 3B .
T98-A Rock Crawler using exclusive factory parts and Approved Special Equipment from the Willys Motors era (1953-1963)
Zero aftermarket parts

weisskasten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weisskasten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2022 at 2:41pm
Yes. H type shackles and later style squared off frame ends without the diagonal.   I may have some pics, just have to figure out how to post them as I’m new here. 
bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2022 at 6:25pm
this forum has a how to section with several threads devoted to effectively posting images. 
CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
CJ-2A 197624 green (resto-mod)
the wife abides (def: to bear patiently; TOLERATE)
 Post Reply Post Reply