Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > CJ2A Page Member Created Parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trans/TC Magnetic Drain Plugs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trans/TC Magnetic Drain Plugs
    Posted: 21 Apr. 2020 at 3:35am
Dear Fellow Jeepers, My friend Steve is a High School Shop teacher and an M Jeep guy, while restoring his M-38 he needed replacement drain plugs and found no source, so as a class project a couple of his students wrote a CNC program and they made a set, then added rare earth magnets. Anyway they decided to make a bunch and sell them, Steve asked me to post this on the page and offer them to the 2A guys, this is helping out a few kids who needed a project as well as a small lesson in marketing. These are the M-38 style plug with the 3/8" square drive socket head but work fine on a CJ as well (I have a set in Dads Jeep)The magnets are wicked strong as well. They are selling for $10 each, and they also made a yoke tool for holding the axel yokes to remove the nut and those are $15 ea., And a installation tool for installing the pinion seal, not sure on the price of those. Anyway here are a few photo's....

If you would like to order a set or a tool, Steve can be reached via E-Mail at spejeep@gmail.com (He has PayPal)

Several members here have installed them and were very happy with the plugs and the tools

Many Thanks, Lee

Edited by Lee (MN) - 25 Apr. 2020 at 12:52pm
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr. 2020 at 3:52am
Both my M38 and CJ3A are outfitted with Steve's plugs, a good product from a great program.. get'cha some!
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr. 2020 at 11:14am
Me too. Best magnet out there. If you have overdrive or expensive low 18 gear sets, they are great insurance to keep metal out of your thrust bearings and needle bearings. Especially overdrive. If you have ever re-built your gear boxes, you know this is needed. Wink  Oilly
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
SlaterDoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlaterDoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr. 2020 at 4:19pm
Thumbs Up what a great way to get US back to "Made in the USA"!

The more important aspect being the "Pride in Quality" that is being brought back as well!
Waving US Flag #12
Once a Navy man, always a Navy man!
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2020 at 12:57pm
Sorry guys I had Steve’s email listed incorrectly, post has been updated,

spejeep@gmail.com

Thank you, Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
Michaeltru View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michaeltru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2020 at 2:05pm
Lol. Someone got a weird email from me.  Lol
Mike in AZ
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2020 at 2:38am
Transmission, transfer case, front and rear axle drain and fill, steering knuckles--are all 8 of these the same?
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2020 at 3:35am
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

Transmission, transfer case, front and rear axle drain and fill, steering knuckles--are all 8 of these the same?

NO..
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2020 at 12:46pm
BTT...... Come on guys, help these kids out    Great Product!...

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2020 at 1:55pm
I also sent an email to the wrong address! I'd like a couple. Great idea. Email sent.

Edited by drm101 - 03 June 2020 at 2:02pm
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Mud Hen"
The less the Power the More the Force
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2020 at 2:05pm
Email Sent! Thumbs Up
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2020 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Lee (MN) Lee (MN) wrote:

BTT...... Come on guys, help these kids out    Great Product!...

Lee

What Lee said!!
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2020 at 3:29pm
E-mail sent, Thanks Lee

Fltfndr
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
Ron D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2020 at 5:10am
Email sent requesting 2.

Thanks!
1951 M38
1951 M100
Ron D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2020 at 7:12pm
Steve might be busy with other things? No response to email........I hope they aren't sold out?
1951 M38
1951 M100
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2020 at 8:05pm
I emailed him on June 3. He replied that mine had been pulled and set aside, but he would be out of town for two weeks but would ship upon his return
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
Ron D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2020 at 11:04pm
Thank you Flat Fender.

I'll be patient!
1951 M38
1951 M100
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2020 at 11:50pm
Same here. I emailed him a few days ago - no reply.
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>