Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > CJ2A Page Member Created Parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trans/TC Magnetic Drain Plugs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar. 2021 at 6:45am
NEED:
D-30 fill plug
D-44 fill plug
T-90 fill & drain plug
D-18 X-fer fill and drain plug
Please let me know what can be made.  Be nice to have a magnetic x-fer drain plug.
thanks, Jim
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
jeepsterjim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar. 2021 at 2:42am
Thanks  Michaeltru for pointing me in the right direction! Sent  a Email and am waiting for a reply back.
Jim

Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar. 2021 at 3:36am
Originally posted by jeepsterjim jeepsterjim wrote:

NEED:
D-30 fill plug
D-44 fill plug
T-90 fill & drain plug
Please let me know what can be made.  Be nice to have a magnetic x-fer drain plug.
thanks, Jim

The plugs may fit the drain locations on a differential, but you will find them to have a much longer height and would become a snag point off-road and I wouldn’t recommend this style plug for that application, perhaps you could ask Steve to tool up for diff drain plugs, they would be a nice addition to everyone’s Jeep 👍🏽

Lee😉
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar. 2021 at 4:34am
Originally posted by Lee MN Lee MN wrote:

NEED:
D-30 fill plug
D-44 fill plug
T-90 fill & drain plug
thanks, Jim

The plugs may fit the drain locations on a differential, but you will find them to have a much longer height and would become a snag point off-road and I wouldn’t recommend this style plug for that application, perhaps you could ask Steve to tool up for diff drain plugs, they would be a nice addition to everyone’s Jeep 👍🏽

Lee😉

Good point.  I think the X-fer drain plug might be the only one the may pose a problem. Will see what Steve can do..    Good your back on the forum. 
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
jeepdidwhat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepdidwhat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar. 2021 at 5:09pm

NEED:
D-30 fill plug
D-44 fill plug
T-90 fill & drain plug
thanks, Jim

NOTE: These magnetic plugs (3/4" pipe thread) will not fit a T90 or D18 fill plug (1/2" pipe thread).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar. 2021 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by jeepdidwhat jeepdidwhat wrote:

NEED:
D-30 fill plug
D-44 fill plug
T-90 fill & drain plug
thanks, Jim

NOTE: These magnetic plugs (3/4" pipe thread) will not fit a T90 or D18 fill plug (1/2" pipe thread).

Well that's a fine howdy do.  maybe they can make them for us guys.
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar. 2021 at 6:46pm
The plugs Steve is selling are 1/2” pipe thread and fit the T90 and D18 transfer just fine!.

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
BD1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BD1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 7:48pm
Is there a shorter version of these plugs? I bought two and put them in my T-90 and the D-18. The issue is that the one in the bottom of the transfer case is so long it sticks out below the skid plate almost 3/4".
I'm thinking that can't be a good thing.

BD
'47 CJ2a, Shiny on top!
'55 CJ5 project
muley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by BD1 BD1 wrote:

Is there a shorter version of these plugs? I bought two and put them in my T-90 and the D-18. The issue is that the one in the bottom of the transfer case is so long it sticks out below the skid plate almost 3/4".
I'm thinking that can't be a good thing.

Ermm I've gottem in both my jeeps, no clearance problems.
Joined Jan-8 2015
I never met a mule I didn't like!
OD Mule 01-52 M38
Big Red 19fiddy CJ3A salad
BD1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BD1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2021 at 7:29pm
It's not so much a clearance problem as it is a dragging on a rock problem. I figure that the skid plat is on there to protect the oil pan on the transfer case. If the drain plug sticks down below the skid plate it defeats the purpose of the skid plate.

BD
'47 CJ2a, Shiny on top!
'55 CJ5 project
muley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2021 at 8:47pm
OK I phrased that wrong, what I was trying to say is the xfer plugs on both my jeeps do not protrude beyond the skid plate surface and are in fact recessed 1/2" or so. 
Joined Jan-8 2015
I never met a mule I didn't like!
OD Mule 01-52 M38
Big Red 19fiddy CJ3A salad
BD1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BD1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2021 at 7:28am
While my jeep is a real "Willys salad" I don't see how the magnetic plug on the transfer case could not stick down below the skid plate. My skid plate has seen some real abuse, but I've bent it back into a pretty fair approximation of flat. There is not room inside the T-case to thread the plug in farther without interfering with the gear. I may have to try my hand at JB welding a magnet into a closer one of the original "close" style plugs.

BD
'47 CJ2a, Shiny on top!
'55 CJ5 project
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123