Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tugboat with L134

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboy64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tugboat with L134
    Posted: 25 Nov. 2018 at 5:37pm
Hope all had a great Thanksgiving.!! We have this WW2 era tug pushing our ferry...any of you fellows reconize it?? Harbormaster on the tag...would LOVE to find another one .. Kinda like hunting for that needle in the hay !  Fyi ..make ing an attempt to post pictures..
mam
cowboy64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboy64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov. 2018 at 5:39pm
after all this time !! I posted a picture !,. Can send more info or pictures if i get any intrest in old tug.. Thanks guys
mam
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov. 2018 at 1:02am
Interesting, it has a 3A type starter..... how about a shot of the whole vessel so we can see what it looks like 😉 I’ve seen a Grey Marine drive behind a 134 and another that I do not remember the MFG.... Working on the upper Mississippi for years I’ve seen many different combinations, Again more pictures, lol...

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov. 2018 at 9:21pm
I had a willys l head 134 with a Paragon outdrive it had been used in Ft Madison iowa many years ago . I bought it to save it from the scrapper. Ended up trading it to s friend that had old inboards like ChrisCraft and Owens. He salvaged all the marine stuff and scrapped the engine. I think he’s still got the parts if anybody’s interested. Kev
cowboy64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboy64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov. 2018 at 12:20am
tried to post a video of lil tug pushing ferry ..see discusion about 'smart phone' in this section !!! My son is not home to walk me thru it ..
mam
cowboy64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboy64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2018 at 1:06am
mam
cowboy64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboy64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2018 at 1:07am
there is a picture of it with prop out of water..the blue tub is covering the electric hydralic 'bubba' power trim ! 
mam
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2018 at 4:34am
Interesting!, thanks for posting!...

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
 Post Reply Post Reply