Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tuttle Creek Kansas with The Qwaaazy 8s - Event Date: 18 Oct. 2019 - 19 Oct. 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2019 at 11:04pm
That’s very tempting Arick. I’ll play it by ear on Saturday.  

Which campground is everyone staying?
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
MFeiden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MFeiden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2019 at 11:48pm
I'm happy to do it if it works out. Can Take Arick another time if it doesn't. This is the route I had in mind: http://www.markfeiden.com/map.jpg

This is one of my websites about the Flint Hills (just as an FYI). You will be in them at Tuttle Creek. http://www.flinthillsanthology.com

Mark
19willys51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19willys51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2019 at 12:53am
Looking forward to being there. Should be great
Robert
AKoller View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKoller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2019 at 4:22pm
I talked with my brother-in-law this morning that has a 1948 CJ2A and he is planning on attending on Saturday with me.
1950 CJ3A "Thumper"
1966 M151 A1
1942 GPW #70221
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2019 at 4:37pm
Ok. folks. One week to go.

Our plan for Friday is to meet at the park entrance at 9 am. 
I've never been there, but I'm told that it's not very big so if you're late you might be able to find us. 
Saturday will probably be the same, 9 am at the entrance, but we might make some adjustments on the fly for that day. 

The Evans (bridog, snave and family)  are planning a cookout at their campground cabin on Friday night and have invited anyone interested to attend. I asked Brian if we should plan on bringing anything. He said he wouldn't turn down any home made sides or deserts, but we'll probably just count heads on who is going to attend then buy that much food in town and split the cost. Come out and enjoy the easy relaxed social setting with other flat fender folks. 

Arick (Ricco) and Mark may be heading out for some other area's of the Flint Hills sometime Saturday. I encourage any that are interested in that extra curricular to take advantage of a knowledgeable local guide and see some new stuff. 

Due to time and distance restraints, I'll probably be staying at Tuttle Creek on Saturday and depending on what we see on Friday, might be taking a 2nd run at some things. 

i hope to have an early dinner with as many of you that would like to attend on Saturday, maybe somewhere in Manhattan (any recommendation?), then get a few hours down the road to home. 

I'm getting really excited to see you all and get my first taste of Midwest wheelin'!

Edited by smfulle - 11 Oct. 2019 at 5:00pm
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2019 at 4:41pm
I'm camping at Riley Point. Looks like my friend Ryan (green TJ) is coming too.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
AKoller View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKoller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2019 at 5:25pm
I forgot to mention in my earlier post that as of this morning the lake is still 44 feet high which may effect ease of access to everything in the park. None the less we should still be able to get to most everything by going the long way around. And yes Stan your jeep may get muddy.
1950 CJ3A "Thumper"
1966 M151 A1
1942 GPW #70221
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2019 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by AKoller AKoller wrote:

.... And yes Stan your jeep may get muddy.
yeah, but, they will have some Rocky Mountains .... right?
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2019 at 5:47pm

And yes Stan your jeep may get muddy.

What is this thing you call mud?
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2019 at 5:49pm
I think what Alan is saying is that there will be plenty of “slick rocks” there ..... just like Moab
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

AKoller View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKoller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2019 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

It happens when water, also known as rain falls from the sky above and mixes with dirt on the earth creating a slimy film on the ground. It's real slick almost like ice. The rain also helps the trees grow..... Oh, did I mention there will be trees that at some points you will notice get in the way?
1950 CJ3A "Thumper"
1966 M151 A1
1942 GPW #70221
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2019 at 6:04pm

Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

It happens when water, also known as rain falls from the sky above and mixes with dirt on the earth creating a slimy film on the ground. It's real slick almost like ice. The rain also helps the trees grow..... Oh, did I mention there will be trees that at some points you will notice get in the way?

All kinds of new experiences for me. This is going to be great!!

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Cj3bmutt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cj3bmutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2019 at 6:23pm
We will be coming in on Saturday morning.  The rain also makes the trees grow with 🍁 and now with the fall weather the trees are starting to drop the 🍁 on the ground and mixing with the mud adds less traction also.
nivrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nivrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2019 at 7:04pm
Wow thank you for this thread guys I’m learning so much about weather and the environment.😊

Stan, like you I have wondered about that “mud” (hope I spelled it right) stuff but AZ seems to be rather lacking in it so I must experience it through your pictures (hint hint)😊

Hope you all have a great time!

Mike

ricco View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2019 at 7:31pm
ehh....muds no big deal!

This is from a while back...I've tried to avoid it since then, wish you guys could have explained the whole mud thing before this happened!  LOL

Looking forward to seeing everyone!  Brad's coming with his "jeep" too!
She can dance a cajun rhythm....jump like a Willy's in four wheel drive...("Sugar Magnolia")

'48 CJ2A #204845 "Lumpy"
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct. 2019 at 4:36am
This morning pulling out of Rock Springs Wyoming on the road to Tuttle Creek.
Pretty good show out the front windshield of my pickup.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Red Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct. 2019 at 12:34pm
Safe travels Stan, enjoy your time in the Midwest
Glen
49 CJ3A
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct. 2019 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by Red Willy Red Willy wrote:

Safe travels Stan, enjoy your time in the Midwest

Pretty sure he will figure out quickly why we go west!

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>