Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Auction Listings / Classified Ads/ Jeeps for Sale Sightings!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Two Piece hand crank on Ebay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (Name Blocked) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two Piece hand crank on Ebay
    Posted: 07 Feb. 2007 at 4:06pm
Nice two piece hand crank on ebay two piece hand crank
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb. 2007 at 5:17pm

I like the marketing - " this crank has some patina on it " - it's the first time that I recall seeing rust characterized as "patina".  Oh well, oxidation of copper is called patina so I shouldn't make too much fun of the same term used to describe iron oxide.  I see, though, that the price is getting up there ($305 with a few days to go).  I'm watching it just to see how high it gets.  I guess if it is the last piece you need to fill out a top-notch restoration, it's worth it, but you can sure get a whole lot of other patina for the same bucks.  Yes - I know- supply and demand, but I paid about a 15 hand-cranks for a pretty nice Jeep.

Edited by samcj2a - 07 Feb. 2007 at 5:20pm
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
bkreutz View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkreutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb. 2007 at 8:28pm
Hopefully the escalating prices don't do to this hobby like it has others, I can forsee some repro or homemade parts being "patenized" and sold as originals, sad thing to consider but sky high prices tempt some people more than others, maybe it won't happen, I hope not, maybe PBS would underwrite "The antique CJ2Ashow"
Gale

47 CJ2A 142857
47 Bantam T3-C 16271

Photo page http://bkreutz.smugmug.com/
westforkboyd View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westforkboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb. 2007 at 8:36pm
Ya, been watching that one also. Didn't the bidding start at $220 of like that? We've talked about these handcranks before and they are all going sky high. There are good repro one available or so I've been told. Alan I'm still waiting for you to find me that fifty dollar one!!!!!Smile
'48 CJ-2A #184135 Lefty
'49 CJ-2A #219719 Mule
'39 Ford 9N
'55 Oliver Super 55 Ollybelle
(Name Blocked) View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (Name Blocked) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb. 2007 at 8:47pm
Well, The bidding started at 75 dollars on this one and that is the price of a repo. Someone should ask him what the part number is on the handcrank. They are stamped on the handle WO something. Old repo were stamped too but new ones are not.
Still looking but did not do any shows last year other then private purchases
wyowillys46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyowillys46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb. 2007 at 8:08pm
$355 dollars for a crank with a worn out end? Haha.
1946 #27869

Take a look at my webpage:

<a href="http://wyowillys46.awardspace.com">Wyowillys46</a>

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (Name Blocked) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb. 2007 at 8:13pm
Did not see the worn out end but your right.   
lockdowns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lockdowns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb. 2007 at 11:02pm
355 for a hand crank?!? Holy poo!Confused
Hey, what's this do?
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb. 2007 at 11:17pm
   Welllll,,  When you consider all the labor that went into "customizing" the end, maybe that price ain't too bad....LOL  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
timcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2007 at 1:00am
Wow! I didn't think I was going to get crucified this badly. Just to set the record straight, this is the 2nd 2 piece hand crank I have seen on Ebay that looked legit. I missed out on the first one and I swore if another one hit the web I'd get it. I have sold a lot of spare parts over the last year to save up for the optional parts I needed to round things out; driver's side heater and switch, jack w/lug wrench and two piece hand crank. I had purchased one about a year ago that turned out to be for a Willys Industrial engine and was shorter than the 2a version. I still have it for reference as well as a repo MB hand crank. I've included photos of both. As far as the "worn out end" is concerned, I requested photos of the end and never received any, however grafting a new one on will not be difficult. The "patina" description was comical to say the least, I saw it as rusty from sitting in a tool box.
The Ebay parts are always a gamble and my intent isn't to drive up prices but I was in a financial position to bid up to a point. I didn't think it would get that high, but there was obviously someone else out there who wanted one as well. Say what you will.

Edited by timcj2a - 12 Feb. 2007 at 1:06am
1946 CJ2A #69376

Chula Vista, CA

lockdowns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lockdowns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2007 at 6:32am
I don't think anyone is faulting you on the bid, but it seems a little pricey for an item that's not nos. I'll try whenever possible to get rare parts as well. For that kind of money they had better be perfect! Good luck with it.
Hey, what's this do?
westforkboyd View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westforkboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2007 at 2:52pm
Tim

I bid on one that was listed about 6mos. ago. Think my max was around
$150 or so. I wanted one because around that time my bendix spring broke and thought it would be a nice backup for emegency start especially if I'm down along the river where a pull/push might not be practical. I think that one finally went for around $250. I was more than a little suprised as I though my $150 would be more than adaquate! What a revelation I had!! I've got my bendix fixed now of coarse but am still looking to get one for emergencies. My best route is prob to just get the repro for around $75. These originals apparently are a real coveted item right now and if you want one its your decision! I doubt I will bid on any more of these original one as its just too rich for me but if your happy that's the important part. You also have the balls to tell it like it is! Good for you!!!

Allen
'48 CJ-2A #184135 Lefty
'49 CJ-2A #219719 Mule
'39 Ford 9N
'55 Oliver Super 55 Ollybelle
timcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2007 at 8:17pm
Allen:
My initial bid max was $150.00, then all hell broke loose. I look at it this way, there was an NOS light switch that finished bidding slightly ahead of the hand crank and it ended up going for $305.00. Once the winning bidder decides to install that switch in their jeep (if at all) it's future value has diminished, on the other hand the hand crank should retain it's ability to be sold at a later date as an authentic Willys part (if that's indeed what it is) and still have some value as a viable piece.

I truly enjoy logging onto the site everyday after work and before bed to see what everyone else is up to and have always found the help invaluable. I didn't really take offense to what was said, just a little surprised.

I'll post some photos once I receive the part. If it turns out to be bogus or defective I'll be the first one to let everyone know and I'll order up some crow to go with it.

Lockdowns: I'm guessing that an NOS hand crank may fetch $500 and I assure you I won't be bidding on that auction.

Tim

Edited by timcj2a - 12 Feb. 2007 at 8:19pm
1946 CJ2A #69376

Chula Vista, CA

lockdowns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lockdowns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2007 at 10:33pm
Heck if they start going for that much, maybe I'll sell mine!
Hey, what's this do?
BC472A105381 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BC472A105381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2007 at 1:04pm
$69.00 plus shipping  for the Repo that I got last week looks great to me. And I have around $280.00 left over to find some other Wink parts!!!!
47CJ2A Princeton Black Purchaced new by my Great-Grandfather!!

70 CJ-5 with 8,000lb. Ramsey winch V-6

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (Name Blocked) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2007 at 5:55pm
Does it have the WO# stamped on it? It is also about the part numbers too.

Edited by Alan - 19 Feb. 2007 at 6:13pm
bkreutz View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkreutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2007 at 6:19pm
There is something to be said for originality, another hobby of mine is collection Stanley handplanes (now there's a field where prices have gone nuts), and although there are some current specialty manufacturers who are making reproductions of the old ones, there's just something about putting a tool in your hands to shave a piece of wood that was made in the 1890's, besides,  I thing they actually work better, technology aside. Just a thought.
Gale

47 CJ2A 142857
47 Bantam T3-C 16271

Photo page http://bkreutz.smugmug.com/
timcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2007 at 9:53pm
BC472A105381,
I am extremely happy for you. Now, can we put this one to rest? I am guessing there isn't a person who frequents this board who hasn't paid more than what is considered "market value" for a part or even their jeep for that matter just because they wanted something unique and weren't sure the opportunity was going to be there again.

Tim-Owner of the $355.00 two piece hand crank

Edited by timcj2a - 19 Feb. 2007 at 9:53pm
1946 CJ2A #69376

Chula Vista, CA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>