Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Suggestions and Comments for the forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Member

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puddleduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2020 at 8:31pm
Steve
     have you managed to look up War and Peace yet? it is the largest Military show of vehicle in the world held at the Hop Farm in Kent.

Also there is another one called Military Odyssey which is held at the Kent Show ground the month after
It's better to burn out than to fade away

1948 CJ2A

Mercedes C220 AMG Line Coupe
littlesteve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlesteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2020 at 10:16pm
You could pay 28k for one and still get a turd that some ass hat hack has put together, because "These are worth a loada money" ((imagine Mike Brewer voice)t**ser)
jpet brought me here.

XJ
KJ CRD x5 (+1 on the way,probably)
YJ about to be butchered & hit with the restoring stick.
TJ
One day I'll have a Willys, be cool like everybody else.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlesteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2020 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Puddleduck Puddleduck wrote:

Steve
     have you managed to look up War and Peace yet? it is the largest Military show of vehicle in the world held at the Hop Farm in Kent.

Also there is another one called Military Odyssey which is held at the Kent Show ground the month after

War and peace are not selling tickets yet but its still on. Military Odyssey still on says nothing regarding the beer bug.
jpet brought me here.

XJ
TJ
JonJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 10:03am
Sounds like an interesting story!
Parts! If it was an MB it would be easy. Especially with jeeppartsuk up the road.
‘48 CJ,s I have found are made of part MB and part new design. Apart from the ebay sellers for imperial screws and bolts I use Atlantic Autos. Roy, take him a while though, especially if he has no stock for what you need. He goes under the seller name Monty2000. If you need his number let me know. With covid and all it’s been a pain.
JonJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 10:06am
I have found mixed quality. Philippines being worst, India second (whole place is shut down anyway). Best is US by costs for shipping are high. Depends if you was NOS or not.

You found any others?
Puddleduck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puddleduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 11:40am
Had a few bits from Joes Motor Pool

Picked up original old stock Vacuum wiper parts from Greece

There are no companies in the UK that stock a range of CJ parts only bits

The main place that make all the Jeeps parts that all the companies go to is MD Juan in the Philippines

What bits are you looking for next?

1948 CJ2A

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puddleduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 11:45am
Did you look at their web sites? if so did it look like something you would be interested in

1948 CJ2A

JonJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 3:44pm
Nothing I want that I can afford!
Have a list of around 30 or 40 bits from footman loops to backseat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puddleduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2020 at 3:52pm
I noticed that you need a wind shield cowl rubber and an inner wind shield rubber they are pretty cheap on ebay.

What is your engine like is it all running and what sort of carb do you have on

With regards the rear seat I was told by Roy that due to the CJ rear seat being hard to get, they are using an MB rear seat and shaping tube and welding it on.
Not seen one completed though.

What is going to be the theme on your jeep military or you just doing your own thing

1948 CJ2A

JonJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 10:45am
Yep they are on the list. Engines good original block and carb but 12 volt conversion. New alternator, new coil new starter. Once I have got all the bits I need I’m going to shake down on the road for a while to get the feel of it do a couple of regular maintenance and lubes. Once I have sorted the niggles then strip down, tub off, needs a bit of welding here and there and solve a few niggling leaks then it’s off to the spray shop. Pickett Grey, black americar wheels.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puddleduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 11:06am
Sounds like you have a plan and it's going to be a pure bred CJ2A

Mine was done in military colours because it was dedicated to two american Gi's from the WW2 (I'll tell you the story on day)

Mine is converted to 12v and has an alternator it also has upgraded brakes all round to discs.

I have a rifle rack and rifle to go on the front cowl but don't have a welding kit to weld the brackets on so that is something else I need to sort out.

What sort of carb is on yours Carter or Solex?

1948 CJ2A

JonJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 11:31am
Carter Model W -0
Welding. Now that’s another thing I am going to have to learn. The P.O. really wanted an MB I think, made some ‘special’ modifications. Mainly centring digging out lots of holes on the dash so when the tub comes off the all need welding. Along with the general ‘holes’. No tool box either and a custom made passenger seat.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puddleduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 11:43am
Mine has a Solex carb

Do you have a garage or are you out side? I have a garage but it is only a standard size so not a lot of room.

Sounds like you have lots of work to do

If you are doing something and not sure how it goes you can come and take a look at mine and take some photos if it helps

1948 CJ2A

JonJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 12:38pm
Thanks!
You're in Chelmsford?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puddleduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 1:10pm
Rettendon Common which is closer to you

1948 CJ2A

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlesteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2020 at 2:25pm
Im hearing 8 weeks on some back orders, that's if they are in stock in the States.
jpet brought me here.

XJ
TJ
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2020 at 10:14pm
I know there are more than just 3 flatfender CJ guys in the UK.  Where are the rest of you?  Apparently, not all have checked the page lately.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Puddleduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2020 at 6:19am
Poor show from the Brits, 
I thought there would be more guys wanting to make contacts and do some networking
Pass on knowledge, info on parts and just general banter.

1948 CJ2A

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>