Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Uncle Mack’s" Jeep

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BC472A105381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Uncle Mack’s" Jeep
    Posted: 16 Aug. 2005 at 8:46am

Sunday morning was "Decoration Day" at the Church in Madison County where my Great Grandfather attended and during the time when members were recalling folks that they remembered an older Gentelman stood up and was telling how he could allways count on Uncle Mack pulling up with his Jeep loaded full with his grandkids (my father included).

After the service I looked him up and asked him how well he remembered the Jeep. His response was great he told me that it was the first Jeep on Spring Creek and how when his dad's tractor broke down they borrowed it to plow with. He told me that the the next year Homer Reeves my great grand's best friend bought a Jeep and that his father bought a used one.

I told him that I'm restoring "Uncle Mack's Jeep and that we (my father and son) are going to bring it back "Home" this fall. It's hard to believe after all these years what folks can remember!!

47CJ2A Princeton Black Purchaced new by my Great-Grandfather!!

70 CJ-5 with 8,000lb. Ramsey winch V-6
Drifter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug. 2005 at 11:58pm
Dang that's awesome.....wish I had a family connection to mine.  My Dad refuses to help me and my mom when it was stored at her house in the garage moved it outside while it was stripped to make room for yardsale junk that she collected.

anyways, enough of my ranting.  try to get pics of the car load or in the field to post if you can.  I always liked checking old pics like that and so do many others

good to hear

Hope you and dad like working in close quarters
Luke

?? dj3a
-(to be tagged as 48 cj2a)
00 Ford Ranger
07 kia rio

in Ripley TN
Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 2005 at 8:48am
if you would like to post pics yourself go to www.myphotoalbum.com if you would like i could post them for you. my album is just below(www). just trying to help. i would love to see pis also, new and old. i have a bunch of old and new pic in my album.
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
 Post Reply Post Reply