Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Other Trailers Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unidentified Trailer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhillipM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unidentified Trailer
    Posted: 13 Aug. 2014 at 9:27pm
I saw this while gassing up on a road trip and wondered who made it.  Anyone care to guess?  I didn't care to ask the owner.

"90% of all carburetor problems are electrical"
ndrtkr View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndrtkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug. 2014 at 6:19pm
Davis Bradley by Sears
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid"- John Wayne
m casey stock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m casey stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2015 at 7:52pm
If you pulled up and asked me who made mine, I couldn't tell you, not today anyway, but I hope to be able to some day! Here's mine, just like the blue one right down to the length of the stake pockets and style fenders. First one I've seen that is identical to mine and still nobody knows what it is.

Edited by m casey stock - 17 Apr. 2015 at 5:34am
52 M38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 52 M38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2015 at 11:07pm
That camper cap looks like something from Deliverance and the cryptic writing on the plywood of the trailer makes it even worse.  Where were you so I can avoid the area?

[/QUOTE]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m casey stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2015 at 11:32pm
LOL :) funny and I agree! But It wasn't me that saw the blue one in person and posted the original picture. I just happen to have one just like it (but restored) and would like to know more information about it. I'd rather not have to squeal like a piggy to get that information, although, I do have a purdy mouth  LOL
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr. 2015 at 2:30am
Originally posted by m casey stock m casey stock wrote:

If you pulled up and asked me who made mine, I couldn't tell you, not today anyway, but I hope to be able to some day! Here's mine, just like the blue one right down to the length of the stake pockets and style fenders. First one I've seen that is identical to mine and still nobody knows what it is.

Not 100% certain, but it could be a Sterling or Converto Trailer

Edited by 48cj2a - 21 Apr. 2015 at 2:43am
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m casey stock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr. 2015 at 4:10am
Originally posted by 48cj2a 48cj2a wrote:

Not 100% certain, but it could be a Sterling or Converto Trailer

Those are the two manufactures that come the closest as far as how they are made, would be great if someone had first hand knowledge, but that is probably too much to expect  :(  looks most like the 1948 Converto. If that is who made mine, I wonder if mine is older or newer? The axle under mine is identical to the early 40's Spen military trailer, so I would guess older.

Edited by m casey stock - 21 Apr. 2015 at 4:49am
 Post Reply Post Reply