Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

(UPDATE)Valentines jeep ride 2021 - Event Date: 13 Mar. 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan. 2021 at 10:21pm
Steve! Those look awesome! That will definitely do the trick!! 
WKWillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WKWillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2021 at 2:20am
Provided Snakeskin is behaving well, my son and I are in. Have room for a rider, or two! Have a Best Top and a heater at the driver's toes, Sooooo, passengers, dress warmly!
Looking forward to this!
John
'48 CJ2a "Snakeskin"
'50 M38 "Thunder from Heaven"
'52 M38a1 "Patina"
'47 T3c
'48 T3c
'52 M100
Dawgzilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawgzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan. 2021 at 6:43pm
I’ll be there all goes well, will a full tank of gas be good for the ride?
Rich M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan. 2021 at 8:50pm
Oil pan came in yesterday. Now I have a leaking brake proportioning valve...
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan. 2021 at 6:33pm
Seth, my son and I would like to make it. When and where do you meet? Bring our own lunch? Any 4-LO? Hopefully, you won't have to find any escape route for us this time.

Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2021 at 2:20am
Steve, great! I’m glad you can come! There won’t be any rock crawling or anything but many of the roads can be pretty tough depending on the weather. Bring chains just in case. Shouldn’t need and helicopter rescues like last time. 😆 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2021 at 2:22am
Yes, 10 gallons of fuel should be more than enough.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2021 at 3:25am
We are now less than a month away... Im trying to get a rough headcount. Im going to post a list. If you want on or off the list let me know. There are a few people from facebook that are coming but to keep things simple this list will only cover people who have commented on here. 

Rich M.
WKwillys
Csawer78
Bob Evans
Ndnchf
Jeepfever
Jvando
Pope891
Dawgzilla
3aSteve
Dr. B 

Let me know if you cant make it or you need added to the list. Cant wait to catch up with you all. 

Pope891 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pope891 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2021 at 4:40pm
Put me as a "maybe".  I have been informed that weekend "might" be reserved for family.  We shall see.  All the same, I'm busting my butt trying to get ready.
Instagram #flatfenderpope

My Build
Rich M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan. 2021 at 12:58am
Seth, where is the staging area ( address)? I'm using the tow bar and want to factor in  enough time to reconnect the rear driveshaft. It's probably close to 3 hrs for me.
Dr. B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan. 2021 at 3:53am
Count me in Seth. Dr. BThumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan. 2021 at 3:58am
Rich, I’m waiting on the weather to lock in the final meeting place. The amount of snow we have between now and then could change my route.  Either way we will be within a 15 minutes of our meeting place from last year in the city of lock Haven pa. That should give you a rough idea. I’ll post the final address the week before. We will make sure you have space and time to prep your Jeep. 

Originally posted by Rich M. Rich M. wrote:

Seth, where is the staging area ( address)? I'm using the tow bar and want to factor in  enough time to reconnect the rear driveshaft. It's probably close to 3 hrs for me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan. 2021 at 4:12pm
Current Road condition status update! 

JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2021 at 2:48am
Yikes!  . .  looks a little icy,   might need to invest in a set of these:

Looks like chains might be more effective on SuperTraxions  . .  more teeth exposed on the OD than they would be on large lug NDTs.     
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2021 at 10:35am
I spent a few extra bucks on the V-bar chains just for that reason. The V-bars are like cleats that dig into the ice. Hope I don't need them, but you never know.... Big smile
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2021 at 12:26pm
Unless it gets drastically warm we will need chains. But I think that makes it fun and challenging. Steve, you didn’t buy them to leave em in the bag right! Haha! 

Ron, I actually really like running chains with my ndt’s once they’re on they don’t move. The lugs really hold the chains in place. With a regular tire they often slide around....stopping to adjust chains is a pain.  You won’t have that with an ndt tire. You’re right about less of the chain contacting the ice....but I like that too. Smaller patch means more pressure.... they really dig in. On a 2000 lbs Jeep that helps with traction. This has been the case in my experience. 
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2021 at 3:23pm
Would you welcome a wagon? If I can get a few things done and get my tow rig out of the body shop (Bambi damage), I might be a player. Have chains and a PTO winch.
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2021 at 3:24pm
Absolutely, we would love to have a wagon in the mix. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>