Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

(UPDATE)Valentines jeep ride 2021 - Event Date: 13 Mar. 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2021 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Millennium falcon Millennium falcon wrote:

Absolutely, we would love to have a wagon in the mix. 

Cool! Hopefully the stars align!
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
WKWillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WKWillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2021 at 9:40pm
Snakeskin is getting new brakes, everything, this weekend and next. 11" upgrades, lines, hoses, tees, shoes, cylinders, drums, MC and 16" wheels with new Supertraxions. Hoping to be finished in time for the ride. We're still in, fingers crossed.
Seth, any news on the valve guide removers you were making? Still interested.
John
'48 CJ2a "Snakeskin"
'50 M38 "Thunder from Heaven"
'52 M38a1 "Patina"
'47 T3c
'48 T3c
'52 M100
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2021 at 2:45am
Originally posted by Millennium falcon Millennium falcon wrote:

Unless it gets drastically warm we will need chains. But I think that makes it fun and challenging. Steve, you didn’t buy them to leave em in the bag right! Haha! 

Ron, I actually really like running chains with my ndt’s once they’re on they don’t move. The lugs really hold the chains in place. With a regular tire they often slide around....stopping to adjust chains is a pain.  You won’t have that with an ndt tire. You’re right about less of the chain contacting the ice....but I like that too. Smaller patch means more pressure.... they really dig in. On a 2000 lbs Jeep that helps with traction. This has been the case in my experience. 

Experience counts a lot!       

Hopefully not taking the thread too far off-topic,  but does anyone know where I could get some "made in USA" tire chains for 7.50-16?   I did some searching,  but no luck so far.   If I can't find any,  I will bring a tow strap.  LOL    Actually,  I do have some tire "cables" that might work,  although a little over-sized.
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2021 at 2:51am
Ron, I recommend Loclede chains! Part number 2221cam will fit 7.50-16
Pope891 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pope891 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2021 at 3:01am
Canadian Chains in Maine.  I know, it sounds like they are made in Canada.....Industrial grade stuff.
Instagram #flatfenderpope

My Build
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2021 at 10:40am
Mine are V-bar with 3 cams for 6.50-16LT, a little smaller than yours. I ordered from tirechains.com. They came in 3 days by UPS. They have many different sizes.
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
Dr. B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2021 at 2:14am
Do you guys generally run chains on all 4 or just 2 tires. Then if 2 works, front or rear axle.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 2021 at 3:28pm
2 is generally fine. 2 Chains especially on the front axle usually can get through almost anything. 
Dr. B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb. 2021 at 2:49am
Thanks Seth, if you are getting as much snow as we are today I think only installing quad tracks will help.LOL
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2021 at 4:36am
It is with great regret that I have to say that I will not be able to attend.  Cry

#1 . . . I was hoping to travel with my brother as co-driver . . . He lives 3 hours away in western MD,  sort-of on the way up to central PA,  but he said last week that he would not be able to go.  . . .  I was still considering going after this disappointing news, but . . 

#2 . . . My mother-in-law had accident a few weeks ago,  today we just found out that she will be coming home next week, confined to wheelchair.   I will be spending the next several days making her house more wheelchair accessible,  then once she comes home on Thursday next week,  I will need to help out.

ie. no time to get ready,  and my wife would not appreciate me being gone in those uncertain times.

We will wheel again one day!  Smile

bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb. 2021 at 12:50am
Ron, bummer you won't be there.  I think I'm gonna hafta bail also.  My wife's uncle, who she took care of, just passed away and we need next weekend to get his affairs settled.  There will be next time, I'm sure.
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
Dawgzilla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawgzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb. 2021 at 1:13am
I’m coming as long as it’s going on!  I’ll be there!
Chrisyoung View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb. 2021 at 3:05am
Did they come up with were they are going to meet and a time

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb. 2021 at 7:28pm
The weather is quickly falling apart... I’m going to have to postpone for safety reasons. I don’t want people on the interstate with snow and single digit temps. 
     It’s not all bad news though. I’m still determined to make it happen. I’m talking to people and  working on an alternative date now. 2-20, 2-27, 3-6, 3-13 are all possibilities. Feel free to comment on your availability and I’ll keep you all posted.

Edited by Millennium falcon - 08 Feb. 2021 at 7:29pm
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb. 2021 at 7:33pm
Good. My jeep is in the shop for some work and probably won't get done in time. Of course, one expects that the later, the better the weather. Though not necessarily so.

Rich M. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 2021 at 12:18am
Whew! I'm good with that. Waiting on some parts literally have something out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 2021 at 4:20am
Well now you’ll all have time to get your rigs sorted out! 😉 
WKWillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WKWillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 2021 at 6:58am
Probably the best move Seth. I'd have had a tough time rescuing my trailer from 18" of frozen snow at camp this week anyway! I'm good for March though.
John
'48 CJ2a "Snakeskin"
'50 M38 "Thunder from Heaven"
'52 M38a1 "Patina"
'47 T3c
'48 T3c
'52 M100
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>