Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers > Tech - FAQ
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Using a CJ3B frame

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gbenoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using a CJ3B frame
    Posted: 08 Oct. 2019 at 12:02am
I recently picked up a CJ3B frame for a restoration on my 2A 'Lefty'. I'm aware of the engine mount shift and the bell crank difference, also the front shock mount interference with the fenders, but I was wondering if the height of the battery support with a battery will be an issue with the 2A hood?

Also, I need a rear engine/transmission cross member. I have a spare 2A that mounts to the brackets. The 3B cross member is mounted to the bottom of the frame with bolts, no brackets. Has anyone ever cut a 2A transmission cross member and drilled holes to mount it to the frame? They look the same to me.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

George

Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2019 at 3:32am
  The CJ3B hood is taller because the engine is taller, not the battery. You should have no problem.   BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
gbenoit View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gbenoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct. 2019 at 1:31am
Thanks Bruce! I appreciate the help.
 Post Reply Post Reply