Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VA - Graves Mountain Trail Ride

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BGarth13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VA - Graves Mountain Trail Ride
    Posted: 28 July 2022 at 6:58pm
https://gravesmountaintrailrides.com

Don’t see this posted, thought I would share
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2022 at 10:33pm
This is very close to me,  and I always hope to attend each year.   

Being on Labor Day weekend usually causes conflicts.    I did have a chance to do it last year,  but the rain kept me away.   Maybe in 2022!  Smile
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep. 2022 at 11:54pm
Rain kept me away last year.  

Weather forecast that day was for rain, at time of ride.   Here is photo,  when I drove 1/4 mile from house to get view of mountains  . . . wondering whether to attempt it.   The trail ride was in those mountains,  but actually just to the right of what is visible.

Then my question was answered while setting there. 

I wimped out . .  weather radar was showing it would only get worse.

But I am hopefully attending this year.      Thumbs Up
 - 9:00am . .  easy ride with local Jeep group,   
 - 1:00pm  . .  more challenging run 

Anyone else interested?

edit:  This year's run is Sunday  Sept 4

Edited by JeepFever - 02 Sep. 2022 at 8:15am
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep. 2022 at 11:42pm
Today was so fun in many ways.   I hope to spin off a new post with details of my personal day,  but for now I wanted to share that what I found today basically proves ->  that Jeeping folks,  and old military vehicle folks are so cool.  

To be honest, this event was nothing like I expected.   I thought I would find a bunch of military vehicles in a "show" formation.   Instead,  they were spread out in a "camping" formation . .  clusters of cool vehicles . .  spread out over acres of field.    I visited some of those clusters,  and was always welcomed. 

Interestingly,  many of the folks that I met were also here for the "wheeling".   If I am right,  this is not a show event,  but a gathering of old school vehicles,  hanging out to share their passion, and also ready to do what they were made for (travel over rough terrain)  

I attended 2 trail rides today . . .  this photo shows us heading out on the more difficult one.  That is my son in CJ-7 behind me,  but check out the totally stock '64 M-38A1, the Humvees and a yellow M-715 a little further back. 

JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep. 2022 at 11:59pm
One of the photos I plan to include in "diary" of the day.    My granddaughter and I.

Post Reply Post Reply