Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Trading Post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

various parts in central NC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NC flatfender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: various parts in central NC
    Posted: 14 Jan. 2021 at 4:11am
Just getting back to the forum after a 13 year break!
I am finally motivated to get the nicer of my two cj2As back running. I have several spares to trade:
-front engine plates ( 2 gear, one chain) 
-transmission floor cover 
-transmission cover with shift forks
-complete rear end assembly (Dana 41?)
-gear drive crank
-starter (unknown condition)

-various wheels (see below)
I also have a 1950? 4-63 truck, which has not been modified at all. Probably worth restoring, but I just don't have time to get all three back running. This truck has a lot of interchangeable parts with the 2As.

Things I am looking for:
-complete factory air cleaner assembly 
-factory 16" wheels 
I have four factory 16" wheels on each vehicle, but I have at least three different styles. One solid disc, three "heavy duty" with the1/8 inch hole (I suspect two of these are M38, but haven't measured them yet) and several 4.5". I would prefer to end up with 4 16x5 truck wheels.
-complete governor (I have factory rear pto, but no governor)
-factory steering wheel in decent shape
-both front seat frames

Edited by NC flatfender - 05 Feb. 2021 at 1:27am
two CJ2As plus a 4-63 truck, all needing attention
Red 2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red 2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2021 at 12:11am
Hi,
I have a 2a I have been working on for a couple years and I have been hitting my head against the wall trying to fix a leaking oil pan.  The sad thing is I had a spare engine that I took this leaky off of and sent a perfectly fine military pan with the junk engine.
So here I am looking for a solid oil pan.
I would prefer one with a skid plate but a non leaking pan would do.
You wouldn't happen to have a good oil pan?
Thanks  
Jeeper 48Cj2a
NC flatfender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NC flatfender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2021 at 12:15am
I do not have any spare oil pans. The head is off of my '46, but I think it is repairable so I don't want to part it out. I hope to get that one running before long
Markmar0607 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markmar0607 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2021 at 3:48pm
Morning my name is Mark,where are you located in Nc?
Vintage Don View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vintage Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2021 at 4:31pm
I am very interested in your generator, does it have the Tag still on it?

Also, your transmission floor cover - is this for a floor shift or column shift?

Maybe interested in a wheel - gotta do some homework first to know what I need...

Thanks.
19Cargo42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19Cargo42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2021 at 5:05pm
I’m looking for solid rims for my ‘45 CJ2A project and would be interested to learn more about yours, if it’s not spoken for. I’ll send you a PM.
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vintage Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2021 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by 19Cargo42 19Cargo42 wrote:

I’m looking for solid rims for my ‘45 CJ2A project and would be interested to learn more about yours, if it’s not spoken for. I’ll send you a PM.

Haha - that's the one I was talking about above, too! Naturally.
19Cargo42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19Cargo42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2021 at 5:23pm
No problem. Hopefully things will work out for you. 

On my list of parts, solid rims are under "nice to have in the future, but not essential now." Interestingly, I think my Jeep came from the factory with the optional slotted 15" rims. Those will go into storage and I'm planning on restoring a set of the 16" slotted ones I've been collecting and using those until I source a set of solids.

Sincerely,

John
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vintage Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2021 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by 19Cargo42 19Cargo42 wrote:

No problem. Hopefully things will work out for you. 

On my list of parts, solid rims are under "nice to have in the future, but not essential now." Interestingly, I think my Jeep came from the factory with the optional slotted 15" rims. Those will go into storage and I'm planning on restoring a set of the 16" slotted ones I've been collecting and using those until I source a set of solids.

Sincerely,

John

Roger that - and I've got THREE solid ones - and trying to be certain that they are "correct" for a 46 VEC before I go nuts chasing down a 4th, only to learn later that they're not right, anyway....
NC flatfender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NC flatfender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar. 2021 at 1:53pm
Thanks to John for correctly identifying my "solid" wheel as being from a slat grill. I found a guy on the g503 site that traded me two m38 wheels for it. I think we are both happy with that.

Now I just need to find some time and motivation to get the '48 back running.

19Cargo42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19Cargo42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar. 2021 at 2:10pm
Glad that worked out for you.

John
 Post Reply Post Reply