Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vinyl seat covers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beach Bum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vinyl seat covers
    Posted: 30 May 2023 at 1:53pm
Time to replace my vinyl seats and pads. Fortunately my frames are in good shape. I want to stick with vinyl and not go to canvas. Does one supplier have a better product then the others?
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 2:12pm
Walck’s had a very good line…..Cry
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 2:32pm
You might check with ODCLOTH.com. I believe they used to offer them, or could probably make some. 

I have bought two sets of canvas seat covers, and a summer top from them, all of it was superb quality materials and construction. 
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 3:19pm
Barry S has very nice vinyl that he had done local to him. i was interested in getting a set for the front 2 seats. he did offer to help with communicating with the guy that did his in the past. 

i am still interested and making several may be better than one-offs?

Barry S, can you still help out on this?
CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
CJ-2A 197624 green (resto-mod)
the wife abides (def: to bear patiently; TOLERATE)
Hamhog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamhog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 3:57pm
Try H.W. Welch Co. I think they were reproducing a lot of parts for Walck's. I think they did the seat covers. They've got a Facebook page. They're up in PA.

Edited by Hamhog - 02 June 2023 at 2:42pm
Dave
SlaterDoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlaterDoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 9:33pm
Try http://https://www.bigwillyjeep.com/shop/ he does both. I got mine from him and his quality is spot on!
Once a Navy man, always a Navy man!
Beach Bum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beach Bum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2023 at 12:33pm
I sent an email (they don’t provide a phone number which is a little concerning) to Big Willy 2 days ago but have not heard back yet (disappointing). I sent a second email this morning. Their products good and I am interested in several items.
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2023 at 12:57pm
There is an M38A1 just listed today on the ECJ5 classifieds which has vinyl or "Leatherette" seat covers on it from ODCLOTH.COM (Pizzoferarato Enterprizes). They look real good to me, and as I said the two sets of seat covers and the top I purchased from them were very high quality. Those are OD, and I don't know if they do other colors, but they do answer calls and emails.
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
Beach Bum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beach Bum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2023 at 1:15pm
Thanks
Scratch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scratch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2023 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Beach Bum Beach Bum wrote:

I sent an email (they don’t provide a phone number which is a little concerning) to Big Willy 2 days ago but have not heard back yet (disappointing). I sent a second email this morning. Their products good and I am interested in several items.

I ordered some stuff from them a few months ago, I'm not sure I ever got a response from their email, but got quick responses using facebook.

43 GPW 93487 Blk
44 GPW 230283 OD
46 CJ2A 50100 Tan
46 CJ2A 77632 Wht
47 CJ2A 141681 Grn
48 CJ2A 156240 Red/Yel
48 CJ2A "Lefty" 181341 Red
61 CJ5 123120 Tan
03 TJ Inca Gld
Beach Bum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beach Bum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2023 at 6:40pm
Made contact with Ian and placed my order
 Post Reply Post Reply