Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers > Tech - FAQ
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

voltage regulator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddy2432 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: voltage regulator
    Posted: 03 Apr. 2020 at 6:12pm
Hi, all, i would like some help please, about 8 months ago i stripped my cj2a , i am starting to put it back together, i think this is the voltage regulator,  not sure how to wire it up now, but I'm not sure as i forgot to take photos, my alternator has no voltage regulator in it, it was painted black but i have cleaned it up, cheers eddy.
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2020 at 6:31pm
 Chrysler? Later AMC?
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Eddy2432 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddy2432 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2020 at 6:56pm
Sorry not sure what you mean 
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2020 at 7:02pm
Embarrassed I was guessing at the regulator's origin.  BW

Eddy2432 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddy2432 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2020 at 7:33pm
I’m not sure were it’s from
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2020 at 8:01pm
  Someone here will recognize it. I'm pretty sure it's a Chrysler Corp. part. Pretty simple, one wire in, one wire out, but I don't know where each wire comes from or goes to. My Chrysler experience is limited, and it's been a long time. Confused  BW

Eddy2432 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddy2432 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2020 at 8:48pm
Ok thanks for looking 😀
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr. 2020 at 4:52pm
Eddy,
I didn't notice before but now see you're from UK.  Some can identify parts like this from looks (I'm not in that group). 

Just thinking out loud:
Could this be a British part?  I would look for a number (if you can open look inside too).  Can you identify the make/model of the alternator?
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
Eddy2432 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddy2432 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr. 2020 at 5:18pm
Hi, it’s a US import, there are no numbers on it, someone has said it looks like a Chrysler VR, so I’m looking into it, cheers for your reply eddy 
pplaut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pplaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr. 2020 at 11:39pm
So-
The CJ2-A came with a generator. I'm assuming you converted to alternator.
That being said.  I'm going to also use left hand drive (US) :)
This is on my CJ2-A.
On the passenger side (US) The battery box is forward, just behind the grill, in a notch on the fender.
Then there is a section between the battery and the firewall with a slope up/down about 6-8 inches for to aft. Then the panel slopes out towards the fender. Look for some holes that match your voltage regulator behind the battery box. That's where mine was. :) I converted to alternator with built in voltage regulator. I hope this helps!
~P.

Post Reply Post Reply