Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - Your Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wagoneering

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec. 2017 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Flatfender Ben Flatfender Ben wrote:

Actually it was her idea to get a wagoneer!
But I’m happy to do all the work to it.
After all this is the first jeep she encouraged me to buyClap

Thanks for the links 

Does this mean you 2 are going to start buying up all the Wagoneers in the state?
mike in oregon View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike in oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec. 2017 at 2:31am
Ben those are some great pics. I need to get over your way and jeep around to see the sites. Great looking jeep too.
MIKE IN OREGON
President of Oregon Flat Fender Club.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oregon-Flat-Fender-Club/222864787838570

46 CJ2A 38007
46 CJ2A 79863
BANTAM T3-C 25314
Flatfender Ben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec. 2017 at 3:12am
Took it in and had the leaf springs re-arched.

BEFORE 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec. 2017 at 3:15am
AFTER

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec. 2017 at 3:25am
I got the wagoneer a JEEP-PORT for Christmas.  It’s supposed to share with at least one flatfender. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec. 2017 at 4:07am
OK  for this post I’m gonna skip back to the middle of this summer.

One morning my wife looked out the kitchen window and said, hey there’s a wagoneer sitting in front of our houseShocked

I knew our Wagoneer was parked behind the house so I looked out the window and there’s a cool looking Wagoneer sitting out front!
 So I go out to admire it and there’s a kid sitting in it, I walk over and he said he ran out of gas. I offer him some gas and tell him I really like is Wagoneer, he said well I’m trying to sell it do you want to buy itBig smile
 Well there you have it folks! 
 I’ve heard of jeeps falling into peoples laps so to speak. 

BUT  this one literally showed up in front of my house one morning!!!!Clap

1983 Wagoneer 83000 miles
Bought new in a near by town here in eastern Oregon. 
Original owner past away, His wife traded in at a car lot. Kid I bought from parents bought it for him off the car lot. 

Edited by Flatfender Ben - 20 Dec. 2017 at 4:21am
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec. 2017 at 4:25am

AFTER

Big improvement! Did you take measurements before and after?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec. 2017 at 4:27am
Came with owners manual warranty information and a cool directory  that lists all the dealerships in the United States in 1983!
 And also the original build sheet Clap

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec. 2017 at 4:30am

OK  for this post I’m gonna skip back to the middle of this summer.

One morning my wife looked out the kitchen window and said, hey there’s a wagoneer sitting in front of our houseShocked

I knew our Wagoneer was parked behind the house so I looked out the window and there’s a cool looking Wagoneer sitting out front!
 So I go out to admire it and there’s a kid sitting in it, I walk over and he said he ran out of gas. I offer him some gas and tell him I really like is Wagoneer, he said well I’m trying to sell it do you want to buy itBig smile
 Well there you have it folks! 
 I’ve heard of jeeps falling into peoples laps so to speak. 

BUT  this one literally showed up in front of my house one morning!!!!Clap

1983 Wagoneer 83000 miles
Bought new in a near by town here in eastern Oregon. 
Original owner past away, His wife traded in at a car lot. Kid I bought from parents bought it for him off the car lot. 

Okay, what!?! That sounds so unreal!!!   Did you get it for a reasonable offer or has that kid "disappeared?" LOL

What may be really scary is that you buy so many Jeeps that they will now automatically drive themselves to your house to be bought! LOL You never have to go look at a Jeep again!
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec. 2017 at 4:32am

Came with owners manual warranty information and a cool directory  that lists all the dealerships in the United States in 1983!
 And also the original build sheet Clap

Score! I really wish my Cherokee still had its build sheet! If it was me, I would have that framed!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec. 2017 at 4:33am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec. 2017 at 4:35am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec. 2017 at 4:48am
I did measure the grand Wagoneer before and after. The front is lifted exactly 2 inches from what it was, in the back it had to come up 3 to 4 inches because it was sagging so bad.  I had them lift it to where the back is slightly higher than the front and I'm really happy with how it turned out. Big smile
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec. 2017 at 11:55am
Ben, I knew you had the Jeep Disease, but man you are gone. LOL. I do think that the Jeep Wagoneers are on a come back and will go up in value. I know that over the production line there was so many changes in company ownership , engines, etc. that when you would go into a auto parts store, you need to take your vehicles vin #. They can't find/look up the part without it. My Dad owned several of them. Brand new, you needed to remove the rear quarter panel covers inside and seal up the bare metal over the rear wheels. They did a poor job at the factory. My Dad's was absolutely bare metal between the wheel well and quarter panel. Same goes for the inner door bottoms. They were pretty heavy and did well in the snow until you high centered them. They are the Cadillac of Jeeps. You may have spoiled yourself, but they won't go on any "skinny trails".  Jeep Cherokee next???????? John
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec. 2017 at 3:54pm
Oilleaker
That’s awesome your Dad had several wagoneers.
Thanks for letting me know about the bare metal areas, I will plan on checking and painting those areas. 

Definitely the Cadillac of jeeps. 

The previous owner said driving a wagoneer was like sitting on your grandmas couch!! LOL

Oh man is it comfortable!! I drove out to Dads the other day and when I got there, I said you know what my LEAST Favorite thing about a wagoneer is??
It makes me never want to drive anything else again!!Wink

(No flatfenders were neglected after the purchase of this jeep)

Ok maybe a little Embarrassed
1946 cj2a desert dog
1946 cj2a bulldog
1948 cj2a blue jeep
1953 cj3b yard dog
1955 willys wagon
1955 willys pickup
1956 willys pickup boomer
1960 fc 170
1968 jeepster commando
1990 Grand wagoneer
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec. 2017 at 5:21pm
Ben, 
Go down to the National Automobile Museum in Reno and take a look at the Jerrari.  Takes some notes and them fit your Wagoneer up with the Ferrari 365 GTC/4 V-12  engine,like they did this one. Then you can have all the benefits of a Jeep, a Cadillac and a Ferrari. That means you can go 140 mph and still get to the grocery store in deep snow. 

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec. 2017 at 12:18am
Wow that’s crazy cool!
Thanks for the pic. 
And I bet it even gets better than the 8 mpg mine gets. 
1946 cj2a desert dog
1946 cj2a bulldog
1948 cj2a blue jeep
1953 cj3b yard dog
1955 willys wagon
1955 willys pickup
1960 fc 170
1968 jeepster commando
1990 Grand wagoneer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flatfender Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec. 2017 at 4:15pm
Christmas morning,
 present delivery to Mom and Dads. 

1946 cj2a desert dog
1946 cj2a bulldog
1948 cj2a blue jeep
1953 cj3b yard dog
1955 willys wagon
1955 willys pickup
1960 fc 170
1968 jeepster commando
1990 Grand wagoneer