Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Product Review Forum > Bumpers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Walck's Bumper?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Walck's Bumper?
    Posted: 24 Feb. 2007 at 7:00pm
  Just sent an order to Walck's, judging from my conversation with their rep and what I've seen here&elsewhere, I'm expecting things to go well.
  I'm going to need a bumper for the 2A soon. Has anyone here bought one from them? Their rep told me that theirs is heavier than the run-of-the-mill bumpers, and the holes are in the right places. Sounds good to me, but thought I'd ask around a bit first. Thanx much guys.  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
bkreutz View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkreutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb. 2007 at 7:33pm
Might want to check Beechwood canvas, that's where I got mine, the ends were cut and welded to make the curve at the ends, a little touchup with a sander and it looks great, I liked their price too.
Gale

47 CJ2A 142857
47 Bantam T3-C 16271

Photo page http://bkreutz.smugmug.com/
jimmilton View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb. 2007 at 10:21pm
Here is a photo of my Walck's bumper installed using their gussets.  I had a very good experience, and I am getting ready to place another order.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jimmilton/CJ2A/photo#4996898136804098066

Edited by jimmilton - 24 Feb. 2007 at 10:23pm
Jim Milton
Tulsa, Oklahoma

1948 CJ2A # 207091 (http://picasaweb.google.com/jimmilton/CJ2A)
1948 CJ2A # 183249
2004 TJ Rubicon
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2007 at 12:28am
  Jim, is your new bumper slightly curved at the very ends? The fella I talked to at Walck's wasn't sure about that, but he was confident that theirs was better than most. Thanx much.  BW

CJ3AFred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ3AFred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2007 at 12:57am
The bumper I got from Walcks for my 3a was very good. All holes correct and the curved ends were good and not welded.
Catch 22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catch 22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2007 at 8:46am
My bumper came from the Philipines and I bet yours will come from the same place.  I did have to do a little drilling and modification but it finally worked so..........  I almost wish you could order one without the holes pre drilled so you could drill them where they should be. 

I think most of these come from the same sweat shop.  Just my two cents so you won't be disappointed.  I bought mine from Vintage Jeep in Beasely Texas. 
Joshua Sayre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joshua Sayre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2007 at 8:58am
I had my bumper made on a brake press by a friend.  Now it doesn't curve much at the ends but it is a perfect remake of it. 
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2007 at 10:43am
Walcks bumpers are a very good repo, just a heavier gauge steel and yes they are curved at the ends
Too many jeeps.....GOT JEEP ?
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2007 at 11:14pm
  Well, the fella that I talked to at Walck's was sure to point out that their's had the holes in the CORRECT places, and given that & what I've heard here, my order for a bumper will go in tomorrow. thanx much, guys, for all your help.  BW

athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct. 2013 at 10:58pm
Bruce never told us what he thought, but I will.

The Walcks front bumpers for 2A and 3A Willys Jeeps are superb.   Substantially more heavy duty than originals.  Drilled perfectly. Slight bends at the ends.  Worth every dime.  Pull it out of the box, and you will have an instant smile on your face.

Tim
Haines Garage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct. 2013 at 12:03am
I need one too. ..So I guess its time.
 Post Reply Post Reply